JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
While watching that, which was some delicious instant justice, I kept thinking to myself, "When is someone just gonna rip that azz's pants off of him and throw his nekkid azz out the door?" So glad to see that's how the encounter concluded. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

My wife walked by when I was watching this. She made the comment that they should have stopped beating him. I said we don't know the whole story, maybe he kept resisting and fighting back. Maybe there's a history.

She asked if I was OK with this if I saw this happening... I replied it depends.

Truthfully, if I was there when something similar was occurring, I would let it continue until the robber no longer resisted.

I grew up in Detroit and it was the best preparatory school for survival that a person could ask for.

The greatest enemy to most folks entering into an encounter is your own civility and humanity. The people confronting you have none of it and live by a different code.

Once you get caught up in a robbery there is no assurance they will take your valuables and leave.

I have often drawn my pistol and held it next to my leg when things appeared to be happening. I also often carry an airweight hammerless revolver in a jacket or windbreaker pocket. If I'm concerned what's happening I grip the revolver, trigger finger along the frame, in case things pop. I can draw or shoot through the pocket if I have to.

If the opposing team sees that you are armed they will most likely leave you alone. They are like jackals looking for a lamb. They want a soft target, not a fight with a lion.

Nothing prevents you from shooting first if you fear for your life. I certainly would.

While watching that, which was some delicious instant justice, I kept thinking to myself, "When is someone just gonna rip that azz's pants off of him and throw his nekkid azz out the door?" So glad to see that's how the encounter concluded. :s0140::s0140::s0140:

Remind me to never pizz you off....

Truthfully, if I was there when something similar was occurring, I would let it continue until the robber no longer resisted.

I call BS. You know darn well you'd slip a left hook or a kick in the arse if you were in that bus.... :s0124:

In the original link there is a sentence which I was hoping someone could help me understand.
View attachment 731377

Why would you respond that you don't have a gun when you have indicated (non-verbally) that you are armed? I must be missing something? And why does it follow that, after you indicate you are armed, then say that you aren't, that the other party would know you are?

That makes about as much sense as a North Korean IQ test and I still can't figure it out.

What would have made sense would have been having gun in hand along the side of his leg. That eliminates confusion about who's who and what is about to happen if things take a turn for the worse. His big concern is that the thugs don't split up with one getting behind him. His secondary concern is the girl. As long as the good guy is up and operational the girl is reasonably safe.

Some states have a law against brandishing a firearm. This is not brandishing, this is about conveying that you are armed and ready to do business should your lives be threatened.

1) "Why would you respond that you don't have a gun when you have indicated (non-verbally) that you are armed? I must be missing something? And why does it follow that, after you indicate you are armed, then say that you aren't, that the other party would know you are?"
I thought the same thing, and I agree that it's better to say nothing. Surprise is your friend.
"Don't f'k with me!" works too. It has that emphatic note indicating that you can back your play. Best said from Suhl position.

2) I have a friend who was accosted by an armed footpad back in the dream time. He got behind the nearest car and presented his (illegally carried) piece over the top of the car. Orc spewed some trash talk and hit the road. I'm sure he didn't call 911.

3) "Truthfully, if I was there when something similar was occurring, I would let it continue until the robber no longer resisted."
I would ask if they wanted to borrow my pocket folder or my cane.

Last Edited:
Street crime really gets me stoked. I spent years in the Near and Middle during some dark times, including civil war. I was safer there than In Detroit. But there is common ground between the two places.

In the Middle East they will hate you and exploit your vulnerabilities in order to kill you. If you have superior firepower and military might and don't use it, they consider you weak and foolish, and hold you in utter contempt. Once you use that firepower they will still hate you but have begrudging respect.

In a robbery the citizens committing the crime consider you weak. If they didn't, they wouldn't be robbing you. The robbers very likely have a measure of hate for you as well as contempt. The robbers have the initiative and control of the situation, putting you at their mercy. If they find you armed with a gun you didn't use they will take it from you, along with your other valuables. Your chances of surviving the robbery unscathed are iffy, and you may well be on the way to your own autopsy.

Take the initiative from the offending citizens. Realize you may be about to fight for your life and mentally harden yourself for what is coming, Do not let them have control of the situation. Make them respond to your actions. Get gun in hand where they can see you are armed and ready to put their lights out. Guard against tunnel vision and don't let anyone get behind you. Keep all the offenders in your sight, which means you may have to move. If they maneuver you may have to engage.

There is a good chance that when they know you are armed they will pass you by. You have slipped out of your lamb costume and exposed a lion.

If they persist in the robbery attempt, and you are in fear of losing your life, engage and do what you have hopefully trained to do. Do not hesitate and address all the offenders as quickly as you can. Move to cover if you can, preferably early in the process.

If at any time an offending citizen produces, or attempts to produce a weapon, engage. Placement of front sight is key to getting hits and stopping the threat.

Once all is said and done, any survivors will still hate you, but they will grudgingly respect you. The alternative would have been to be their victim, with a brief mention in your newspaper.

There one difference between the Middle East and crime at home. When you go to a combat theater you expect to be in danger. When you are at home you can have a reasonable expectation of safety. Criminals take that from us and I find that to be particularly offensive.

" Once all is said and done, any survivors will still hate you, but they will grudgingly respect you"

1) If you do it right there shouldn't be any survivors.
2) Their opinion of me is totally irrelevant. Whether they love, hate or respect me doesn't matter as long as I prevail. (F) them and the horse they rode in on.

There are powerful people in high places.......that condone these behaviors. Why else would they want to deny CCW and self defense to law abiding people? Rrrrright......LOL.....don't upset them. They have a plan for America.:eek:

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads