JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
For those interested in what the new TLR-7 looks like on a G30:

IMG_20180313_190430.jpg IMG_20180313_190453.jpg IMG_20180313_190626.jpg IMG_20180313_190638.jpg

Also assuming you have other streamlight products can you compare this new activation button (?) to the old toggle switch/lever?

The toggle switch is quicker, easier and requires basically no muscle memory. The new push button switch is more compact, but requires specific dexterous manipulation and it's just out of reach for my short index finger. It works, but I'm hoping they come out with some extended grip switches in the near future.

The toggle switch is quicker, easier and requires basically no muscle memory. The new push button switch is more compact, but requires specific dexterous manipulation and it's just out of reach for my short index finger. It works, but I'm hoping they come out with some extended grip switches in the near future.
That was kinda what I was worried about. You have to actually think about it or 'try' if you will. Unless you have freakishly long fingers the ease of use is not there.

We like our streamlight products. Like the Surefire stuff too. But all of these companies these days really don't seem to thoroughly test what they sell. Or they do and just don't care about the feedback they get from the testers. Because their ain't a doubt in my mind at least one tester mentioned the extended switches to them.

Then the bean counters get involved and say "well if we can sell _____ many units without having to design and offer for sale the new switches we will be money ahead. I mean what do we care if it turns people off of our product."

I hate that line of thinking. Over time they are just shooting themselves in the foot.

Nothing preventing you from using your other hand to operate the switch. In fact, doing so will allow you to keep your shooting finger on, or near, the trigger in case you decide you need to shoot.

I'm not a high-speed, low-drag super wonder tactical ted operator type, so it's not that big of an issue for me. I use my Beretta 1301 for things that go bump in the night (mostly blasting coyotes that come after the goats). The G30s is my main CCW piece and the light is nice to have in case I need it, but it's mostly a novelty item. I keep a 1000lm Fenix on me anyway.

I've found I can get my offhand thumb on the switch, so I'm sure I can make that work with some practice.