JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A Chicago-area woman arrested last year for her role in illegally selling guns to prohibited buyers, some with gang affiliations, was sentenced to probation and community service last week.

Simone Mousheh, 23, of the Chicago suburb of Mount Prospect, will have to complete 15 days of community service in the Cook County Sheriff's Work Alternative Program and 12 months probation after pleading guilty to illegal transfer of firearms last week, as reported by the Daily Herald.

Mousheh was arrested last September and charged with four felonies after an investigation by the Chicago Police Firearm Investigation Team concluded she had bought handguns through the benefit of her state-issued Firearms Owners Identification card and then illegally resold them.

Straw purchaser with 4 felony gun charges will not get jail time

from the movie ...
"Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown."

Forget it. It's Chicago.
Robbers get probation.
And, The Godfather can't explain why O's town has so much violence.

Sounds like she turned faster than egg salad in the sun. May have helped.
I suspect this is the case. Much more to be gained by investigating the gangs receiving the guns. Of course, my take on this may be a little skewed. I believe it's the a-hole behind the trigger that is responsible, not the object itself.

What is a military shell? I belive his guns were locked once there were inside his house. I'd hate to think if after a day of shooting, I came home, took a shower or ate before I decided to clean my guns and the government labels me a criminal.

Yes, his may be an extreme case but where is the due process? At least that county got a days work out of everyone. Everybody but the librarian showed up.

sounds like she struck a deal.

my guess is the gangbangers who had her do this could "give-uh fk about dat b!tch" and will serve street justice on her then, just get another one to take the fall.

what good are laws that are not inforced.

Meanwhile in Massachusetts.
You know.....the Washington legislature tried to pass a law like this.
Cohasset, Massachusetts - Guns, Military Shells Confiscated from 65 Yr Old - Uncle Sam's Misguided Children

Around 100 guns and 5 military grade shells were confiscated from the home of a 65 year old man in Cohasset, Massachusetts. He had a permit to own them, but police revoked his permit after serving the search warrant.

~Whitney

Unfortunately he did not follow state law the requires the guns to be secured in a locked cabinet and have the trigger lock in place on all his guns. Not sure about the military grade shells. 7.62x51mm FMJ, 30.06 FMJ, 5,56 FMJ, etc.

Last Edited:
Unfortunately he did not follow state law the requires the guns to be secured in a locked cabinet and have the trigger lock in place on all his guns. Not sure about the military grade shells. 7.62x51mm FMJ, 30.06 FMJ, 5,56 FMJ, etc.

There used to be a bunch of Army Navy surplus stores down the South Shore & on Cape Cod. The shells were more than likely from one of them. Common conversation pieces, door stops & book ends.

I'm so glad we escaped Mass...

When one considers the expense of the Cook County and Chicago City Criminal Justice System all of this makes $perfect sense$. All the public employees hogging at the public tax dollar trough have a vested interest in keeping things just the way they are. It may have nothing to do with public safety and enforcing the law. It is all about job security? It is Chicago.

Hard to believe the land where the American Revolution began has degraded to such nonsense to store firearms... Certainly our forefathers are rolling over in their graves...

As for these Straw Purchases in Chicago, this young lady should be locked away for years for repeated violation of federal firearms laws... But she gets a walk... And I'm here fighting to keep my rights... Doesn't make any sense to me at all...

Had any middle-aged white guy been the straw-purchaser they'd be throwing every conceivable charge at him... maybe even a restraining order. :rolleyes:

Exactly, if you or I or many of the folks on NWFA pulled this stunt, we'd be put away for a long, long time. Definitely double standards applied here.

Hard to believe the land where the American Revolution began has degraded to such nonsense to store firearms... Certainly our forefathers are rolling over in their graves...

As for these Straw Purchases in Chicago, this young lady should be locked away for years for repeated violation of federal firearms laws... But she gets a walk... And I'm here fighting to keep my rights... Doesn't make any sense to me at all...
The feds are too busy raiding the solvent trap guy's house while he's away and terrifying his wife and child.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top