JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one else among us that had bad shoulders? I'm looking to get one of the Caldwell Past recoil shields. They have three thicknesses. 1", 1/2" and 1/4". I don't shoot enough to justify spending any more that the $30.00+/- for one. I'm thinking the 1". That folded hand towel doesn't stay in place very well at the range.:D

As natural born Swede, grown up w the 6.5x55, I feel inclined to reply. I have a funny story about "strap-ons", (not involving me), but i'll leave it for another time.

Just get a Limb saver! It was the best thing I ever did for my Benelli Nova. I'm shooting 3.5" steel and magnum buck shots and slugs and laughing all the way.

I also had a "slip-on" limb save for my Mosin, a welcome relief from the steel butt on warm summer days in tee shirt.

A 25lb bag a lead shot between your shoulder and the gun works really good benching 12ga magnum/express slugs.

You crack me up.....As usual!

As natural born Swede, grown up w the 6.5x55, I feel inclined to reply. I have a funny story about "strap-ons", (not involving me), but i'll leave it for another time.

Just get a Limb saver! It was the best thing I ever did for my Benelli Nova. I'm shooting 3.5" steel and magnum buck shots and slugs and laughing all the way.

I also had a "slip-on" limb save for my Mosin, a welcome relief from the steel butt on warm summer days in tee shirt.

Funny...I don't shoot any long gun other than the AK and a AR. No probs with those. I just got a nice M38 though, and that's what is hurting my bony shoulder. :)

Funny...I don't shoot any long gun other than the AK and a AR. No probs with those. I just got a nice M38 though, and that's what is hurting my bony shoulder. :)
You should send that to me for proper disposal, I'll even pay shipping. :rolleyes:

To be honest, those rubber pads people slip onto the stock are worth it if its just one rifle that's doing it for you.

You should send that to me for proper disposal, I'll even pay shipping. :rolleyes:

To be honest, those rubber pads people slip onto the stock are worth it if its just one rifle that's doing it for you.

Rubber pad? On a Swede? What are you, some kind of clown? :s0113: :D

Mike, I have one you can try / have.
I bought it for use when I had my 416 Rigby. I'll go dig it out and post a picture. Finding it will be the hard part.
What I found also works well is the bottom of a milk jug slipped between layers of clothes. It's thick enough and still flexible enough that it distributes the recoil force over a much larger area, making it much more tolerable.
Going hunting for it now....

You can get a whole box at walmart like 12.99
?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.zT29yGRcdMK4rYjVgr9tkwHaFj%26pid%3D15.jpg

I have arthritis in my shoulders and use the PAST Magnum recoil shoulder pad. It really tames my 30-06 while shooting from the bench. I think it's worth the $25 I paid for mine and would buy another if I were to lose this one.

Found it. The Caldwell PAST recoil pad.
Here's a picture from the internet. Looking at mine, seems barely used.
Drop me a PM, I can meet with you somewhere and hand it off.

View attachment 472979

I'd take you up on that! That's the one I was looking at. Pming...

As for the rest of you...:rolleyes:

I always know if I need a laugh I can find one here without having to look too far! Thanks for the morning chuckle gentlmen.

No can do.
Mike has an M38 Swede and to brake it would bring a giant curse upon his house for 5 generations.

Upon further review, some of those Swedes have threaded muzzles.
It may be possible to twist on some kind of funky winkerbean without altering the rifle ?

Mine doesn't happen to be threaded. If it were that might be interesting though. But some, purist, Swede collectors may stone me to death. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top