JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My friend bought a Jiminez 9mm from a gun show, and while shooting the first mag through it, the slide lock pin broke, and the slide hit him right between the eyes. The lump made him look like a unicorn for a week. :p It was Awesome!!

Despite trying/shooting various weapons for over half a century, I've not seen many malfunctions beyond squibs and fail to fire/feed/eject. But I do recall in 1983 or so, a buddy's low-quality AR-15 would sometimes go full-auto after 5-10 rounds. Especially creepy was that, unless it jammed, it would sometimes rattle through the remainder of a 30-round mag in a moment or two - even with the trigger released. YIKES!!!

Side story to that...
When my pal bought the faulty AR, I bought an equally horrible ODI Viking 1911 with Seecamp double-action conversion (stovepipe city). A dealer named Feeney in Downey CA, preyed on local military with advertised "special discounts," and we took the bait. Both guns proved to be such useless, abject turds that we endeavored to return them and demand our money back. That escalated to small claims court jurisdiction, and we got calls from the producers of The People's Court. We both passed on the opportunity. to meet Judge Wapner.

Last Edited:
One time I saw my wife try to catch her cell phone before she dropped it, which resulted in her flinging it across the room and breaking it.
She was sober. That is the actual and complete story.

two comments:
1. I didn't notice an answer to the first question (maybe I missed it) the author said " ejected a spent shell". I can't understand how it "ejected" the shell and then fed it back. I have to assume it pulled the shell back out of the chamber, flipped it, and tried to feed it back into the chamber, shooting some Federal; pushed it out with a brass rod. Had this happen with a Maadi Helwan (9mm) Model 951 (Brigadier) Egyptian-made Beretta. I thought it was the ejector mechanism which was confirmed by the gunsmith I used at the time. He quoted me a price (not off the wall) and I asked him to repair it. Never happened again.
2. As my doc said, "Some pills just don't work." what ammo were you using?

@Flopsweat I've seen a few "death jams" in my time but they are very rare as JM states.

While technically not a malfunction I did see a pretty strange thing once with a Mossberg 500A 12 gauge.

The shooter was clearing the gun. The magazine tube had been emptied and he tilted the gun to the left causing the ejection port to face upward. He was attempting to launch the chambered shell up in the air so he could catch it with his left hand, much like action pistol shooters often do at the end of a stage.

Well the round went up, but far lower than when done in the past. As he grabbed for it he missed because it was lower in altitude than expected. His hand struck the shell, knocking it back through the ejection port. His hand continued forward catching the back of the pump handle knocking that forward, chambering the shell! :eek:

The muzzle was controlled and his finger was high on the frame so nothing of danger here. It was really strange to see, and we all tried to replicate is a few dozen times each, and of course could come nowhere near accomplishing the feat!

So, I guess he holds the world record for fastest clearing and reloading a pump shotgun! :p

Nothing too extreme in my world: Shooting my S&W 460V when after about 10 rounds, something seemed odd to me . . oh yeah, the front roll-pinned sight is gone! Same exact thing happened when shooting my S&W model 632 327magnum,. This time after about 30 rounds, front sight disappeared! S&W service was top notch though. Roundtrip prepaid delivery & service was about 3 weeks, and never had the issue again; been about 8 years now. The worst was my Sig P938SAS that expelled it's guide rod while shooting! A goofy 2 pc unit, that I'm glad was like that. Prompted me to sell it. and pick up a Kimber Micro 9 Nightfall. Zero issues with the Kimber.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top