JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What were you doing in my bedroom? :s0112:

One time I found an old randown door in the the ground like a storm cellar door. I opened it up and the rooms were all new looking so I yelled "hello!"...no answer. Drew my .45 and walked to the very back room and kicked the door open. I couldn't believe what I saw... So I took a picture of it and then I ran home never to return again

cashroom.jpg

Lol i tried... Sry i couldnt resist but this is a great read. I went over to ifish.com and read the original it is an even better read :p
I have to agree, the original is 27 pages with some GREAT stories! But I have to correct you, it is ifish.net... not .com.

Any new stories from the gang here though???

While working on mining claims in Nevada I often find very old claim monuments with paperwork in a tobacco can. One I picked up rattled a bit like there was something hard inside. On dumping the contents into my hand, I was now holding a blasting cap!

Concerned that releasing the blasting cap might cause a static electricity spark, I touched the can to my wrist, slid it towards my palm and scooped the cap. I tossed it aside and considered shooting it to set it off... Then it dawned on me that this could end up being one of those "It all started innocently" stories. I walked away :)

Hiking alone in the Wallowas, I spotted a cave or mine entrance way up on the talus above Hurricane Creek. I left my pack and hiked up. The entrance was such that the only way to get there was from above it, so I had to climb past it and then drop down in front of it. I got my camera ready, expecting to see a cougar or bear in there and slid down to the opening. Inside was tiny, it was just a short mining cave but what was so cool was there was an old metal wheelbarrow, with a metal front wheel (no tire) and a broken wooden crate that said "Dynamite" on it. It was awesome. I left it there for the next person who was foolish enough to make a 1/2 mile near vertical climb to get there. hahahaha

Hiking alone in the Wallowas, I spotted a cave or mine entrance way up on the talus above Hurricane Creek. I left my pack and hiked up. The entrance was such that the only way to get there was from above it, so I had to climb past it and then drop down in front of it. I got my camera ready, expecting to see a cougar or bear in there and slid down to the opening. Inside was tiny, it was just a short mining cave but what was so cool was there was an old metal wheelbarrow, with a metal front wheel (no tire) and a broken wooden crate that said "Dynamite" on it. It was awesome. I left it there for the next person who was foolish enough to make a 1/2 mile near vertical climb to get there. hahahaha

Nice. We have some friends who live on Hurricane Creek Rd. That's beautiful country.

my uncle while hunting the coast range, came across a forest service sign that read "WARNING : EXPLODING EARTH". he said while walking through he found several more. wonder if this was underground gases or what?

Late 70's, probably more early 80's, was working pre-commercial thinning (gardening & pruning the forest with a chainsaw) along Klickitat and Yakima county borders in WA - way back there. Was in fairly thick brush and came across an old hollowed out stump ~15 ft tall by ~6 ft across. It was hollowed out with some very old gear stored in it: couple of old fence posts, axes, hammers etc. I only looked for a few minutes telling myself I would come back when not with the rest of the crew. Did not make it back to that area for several years and could not find it on several attempts. Have a good sense of direction and location memory but for the life of me could not find it. Returned to the area a couple more times over the years and never did find it.
Found a balloon with a green army toy soldier tied to the string in that same area.

OK, I'll play. I found a "location" tag (aluminum rectangle to mark a mining claim) all chewed up, (like bear or dog chewed) IN Panther creek upsteam maybe 5 miles from Ruby Creek. Looked at the mineral records in the Skagit court house for a record of the claim...I guess they guy never did get it filed. The distance was "from Cabin" so if you go way up Panther creek (almost to the head waters) and find a cabin, look around, you may find an old mine...Still have that tag.

20 years ago or so, just west of Loup Loup we found an abandonded camp that had the largest cast "fry pan" I have ever seen It was sitting over an improvised rock lined firepit. Huge, 24" in diameter with a wire loop rather than a "handle". There were other things at that camp that indicated it had been abandoned at least one winter before if not more....We took that fry pan home and used it for over 15 years, one of our kids has it now. You could make pancakes for all 5 of our kids at once with that thing. Never seen one that big before, or since.

There is a lake in Skagit County that is lined with campsites, that all have regular cast fry pans. It is "hike in only" and has some really big fish in it.

Over thirty years ago, I lived on some property up off of SE Wildcat Mountain Drive near Sandy Oregon. While trout fishing early one spring morning on one of the Eagle Creek tributaries on private land owned by Publishers Paper Company that had recently been clear cut, I saw an old green milk delivery truck come rumbling along the logging road I was near, and stop on the bridge downstream of me.
I could see a hippie looking guy take a bucket and pour something into the creek. He drove off, and I heard him grind his way uphill to the next ridge and down the other side to the next bridge. Engine shuts off, than starts up again and he heads deeper into the woods down a dead end road.
Later that fall, I take my truck up that dead end to cut firewood, and I come across that old milk truck. It was driven off the road, deep into a South facing stand of trees.
The guy had a nice little campsite set up, with a nice fire pit and a beautiful view. After looking around and determining that he had moved out, I walked down a path to the creek and
figured out what he was up to all summer.
He had dumped by my estimate, five gallons of pot seeds into the creek. There was pot growing every where. It looked like he had just picked the best parts and left the rest behind.
There are three small creeks on that section of land and he had dumped in every one of them.

Last Edited:
Over thirty years ago, I live on some property up off of SE Wildcat Mountain Drive near Sandy Oregon. While trout fishing early one spring morning on one of the Eagle Creek tributaries on private land owned by Publishers Paper Company, that had recently been clear cut, I saw an old green milk delivery truck come rumbling along the logging road I was near, and stop on the bridge downstream of me.
I could see a hippie looking guy take a bucket and pour something into the creek. He drove off, and I head him grind his way uphill to the next ridge and down the other side to the next bridge. Engine shuts off, than starts up again and he heads deeper into the woods down a dead end road.
Later that fall, I take my truck up that dead end to cut firewood, and I come across that old milk truck. It was driven off the road, deep into a South facing stand of trees.
The guy had a nice little campsite set up, with a nice fire pit and a beautiful view. After looking around and determining that he had moved out, I walked down a path to the creek and
figured out what he was up to all summer.
He had dumped by my estimate, five gallons of pot seeds into the creek. There was pot growing every where. It looked like he had just picked the best parts and left the rest behind.
There are three small creeks on that section of land and he had dumped in every one of them.

DUDE now wuuuut?

I don't know if one would consider this strange, weird or just creepy, but I once stumbled across a small duffel bag under a pile of leaves. The bag contained a water bottle, a bandana, two pairs of panties and six rounds of .30-30 ammo.

Great thread.
My story comes from a man in his 70's that needs to be shared. True story I spoke with the kids (now in thier late 40's). After returning from a long day of hunting with his son and sons friend. Dad noticed the kids had filed thier pockets with rocks. He asked why on earth would they fill their pockets with rocks while out hunting. The son and his friend told him they were filled with gold. The father of course did not believe them and looked at the rocks. Sure enough they were quartz rocks that had a gold vien in them. The kids told Dad there was rocks like this everywhere under "THE TREE". The family has been back every year for near 20 years and have yet to find this spot again.

2 years ago I went to the "The tree" hunting. Only to find everything is now fenced and gated and there is a huge gold mine there.. Its in the Bonapart area. Makes ya wonder...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top