JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Anyone notice that we haven't had bigfoot on film in decades, even though just about everyone has a camera on them 24/7 and HD game cameras are all over the place as well?
I once saw film of the guy who is suspected as the big foot and of course he did not have a Bigfoot outfit on but he swung his hands just like the Bigfoot video that we all saw as kids.

Anyone notice that we haven't had bigfoot on film in decades, even though just about everyone has a camera on them 24/7 and HD game cameras are all over the place as well?
Decades?...from around the beginning of this years. Provo Canyon in Utah. Seems to be a bit of a "hot bed", as a couple of famous videos came out of that area about 7 years ago.

…from 2012...

That one is actually two separate sightings that happened in the same area a few days apart.
The first one got quite a bit a news coverage and went viral pretty fast. The other one flew under the radar, due to everyone freaking out over the first one, however the second one is the only known footage of a bigfoot throwing something.

Last Edited:
Not to completely discard your opinion, @JuglansRegia, but it's taken me almost 4 years to get one elk pic on my cams, and that's in an area where we know they are (tracks, poop, etc).

We live in Whatcom County in a location surrounded by woods and wetlands. There are many game trails that migrate through our property and have spotted deer and coyotes on a regular occurrence. The area we live in is adjacent to lakes, streams, and reaches to Puget Sound through a string of forest that has not been cut down. Our home is in a clearing surrounded by trees, ponds, and marsh. The rear of our home has a partially covered porch with a door leading from the laundry room to the covered section and a set of French doors leading to the uncovered section.

March 30, 2013 – At approximately 9pm on a Saturday night, my wife and I were watching TV when I heard a commotion on our back porch. (We feed a few feral cats and have set up a small welfare state for them on our back porch) I glanced towards rear of the house from our living room to see the motion sensor light from the porch turn on and off several times. I have the timer set low so the time between lighting is short. I got up and looked out our laundry room and saw the porch was in disarray (knocked over containers and plastic bins). The cats were gone and there were no raccoons, coyotes, or possums in sight.

At this point I wanted to make sure there was no one outside our home as we are in the woods and off the main road a bit. The cats will run off if the coons come around but are rarely cause a commotion as they did that night. I went to the front of the house and stepped out the front door, closing it behind me so I could listen. It sounded like someone was walking in the grass on the side of our home so I quietly opened the door and stepped back into the house. Grabbing my handgun and a flashlight, I looked out the security window at the top of the door to make sure no one was in sight of the door then stepped back out onto the porch. As I heard the walking sound from the right side of the house, I circled left from front to rear checking for footprints in the grass/tracks in the dew. I completed a full circle around the house without seeing any indication of anyone walking in the grass. I then started sweeping the forest and wetlands area next to the house. I saw what appeared (based on size) to be cat or raccoon eye shine far out into the woods. As I swept over the wetlands area, I saw a set of amber eye shines that were spaced so far apart (appeared to be about 8-10" apart) and was slightly higher than my eye level. As I was standing in an area that I knew to be higher than the area that I was looking at, it registered in my brain that whatever owned the eye shine was taller than I was by about a foot and a half (I am 6'3"). What could not register in my brain was what it could be as the space between eyes and the height could not correlate to anything in my mind (it was like running through a Rolodex of likely sources and the only thing I could come up with was: a cow in a tree...). I was still and the shine kept looking at me for about 45 seconds. As I could not explain, in my mind, what this could be, I just wanted it to go away. I was pretty shaken at this point (and I am pretty level-headed). Just wanting it to go away, I figured I would discharge my handgun to scare it off. My flashlight was not powerful enough to see what owned the shine so I would not shoot directly at it. I raised my pistol enough that whatever it was would see the muzzle flash as well as hear the shot to scare it as I did not want it around. While continuing to look at the shine, I fired a round into a stump. At this point I figured whatever it was would run away; not so. The shine continued to look at me and seemed really still. At this point I was really shaken knowing that this creature was not threatened enough to take off after the shot. I continued to try to register what was going on in my head for another 45 seconds when I noticed my ears ringing (I did not have earplugs in when I fired my handgun). Adding to my fear, I realized that I could not hear anything if something came up behind me. My wife opened the front door to see if everything was ok and I decided to go back in the house to "regroup" (the shine was still looking at me). I grabbed my electronic ear muffs and my shotgun and went back outside only to find whatever it was had left. My wife knew that I had seen something that I could not explain..as I was shaken. At this point the threat (in my mind) was no longer there and I was not going to look for it so I called it a night.

The next morning, I went out to view the area where the shine was watching me from. It was a lower area than I was standing the night before. The area's vegetation looked to be trampled down with branches stepped on and broken but did not appear to be a regular game trail. In my backyard, I found a bare footprint that was equivalent of a size 13 shoe but wider.

Not sure what I saw...

Note: 2 weeks prior to that happening, I heard a commotion in the woods and what sounded like a grunting hog in the woods behind the house. Actually called my wife outside to listen to it as I was really perplexed to hear that sound in the PNW (used to hearing it in the woods in Florida and Jungles in Guam).

Sounds like YankeeMarshall's experience.. ;)

Wait till you get up some morning and go out to your shop and see this!
B1.jpg
B3.jpg
B2.jpg

Not nearly as interesting as some of the stories here, but I thought it was cool at the time. I found an ancient rusting hulk of something way back in the woods of the family farm, probably close to 40 years ago. As a kid I thought it was interesting so I pried the brass nameplate off and kept it.

IMG_9226[1].jpg

Decades?...from around the beginning of this years. Provo Canyon in Utah. Seems to be a bit of a "hot bed", as a couple of famous videos came out of that area about 7 years ago.

…from 2012...

That one is actually two separate sightings that happened in the same area a few days apart.
The first one got quite a bit a news coverage and went viral pretty fast. The other one flew under the radar, due to everyone freaking out over the first one, however the second one is the only known footage of a bigfoot throwing something.

That is so obviously a human in some kind of suit. :rolleyes: Even I could see that.

Todd Standing is always posting photos and videos. I'm surprised he hasn't hooked up with one yet. I am sure they are all totally legit and not just a way to reel in youtube followers.

....as a line of jet black trucks roll up CLT65's driveway...;)

Meanwhile, In a top secret bunker in a secure location:

"Contact the Pentagon and scramble a containment team immediately! The missing Philadelphia-Manhattan Device, code name 'Water Purification Unit' has just been located!"

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top