JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a whole lot more to the Patterson-Gimlin film than most realize including American National Enterprises who produced the film.
The following Is a documentary from 1999 and includes a detailed explanation of the project by Clyde Reinke, a former executive of ANE.

There is a whole lot more to the Patterson-Gimlin film than most realize including American National Enterprises who produced the film.
The following Is a documentary from 1999 and includes a detailed explanation of the project by Clyde Reinke, a former executive of ANE.
Congress will take this up as their next investigation!

My dad fought Secret War of Laos on behalf of the U.S. and he told me a story a couple of years ago about his war buddy in California. His buddy was out in the woods, alone, stalking deer with an SKS when he started smelling marijuana. In wishful thinking, knowing deer love to eat marijuana plants and with it nearing winter, he was hoping that he was headed toward a grow operation that had already been harvested and abandoned. As he encroached on the operation, the story goes that someone fired a shot that hit the ground right beside him. Maybe it was a warning shot maybe it wasn't; but being in jungle warfare before, my father's buddy dropped to the ground and crawled away as someone kept firing at him. He took cover behind a tree and looked for the threat. The threat stood sentry on a tree stand still trying to acquire him as a target. My father told me that his friend shot the guy off the tree stand and then immediately removed his scope, he listened, looked and then ran as fast as he could through the forest without stopping. Not knowing whom he shot, he never told the authorities in fear of retaliation. Maybe it's just an urban legend my father started to keep us vigilant while deep inside the forest, since this was told to me right before my first hunting trip without my father present.

The weirdest thing I've ever seen in the woods would be a car on fire up on what was previously known as Squaw Mountain. It was logging road in dead winter with three feet of snow on the ground and snow continuing to fall. Not a soul near the car, no whisper of anything on the whole mountain except those of mother nature. Must have been stolen; if you're missing a 1992 Honda Accord EX and it was misplaced in winter of 2010, I may have found your car.
Was the car burnt orange color? LOL

A couple cars

car2.jpg car1.jpg

Does this qualify?
Ha ! Ah killt a deer similar to this many years ago on the last day of an ANTLERLESS hunt.

In my case the one antler was down along the face and I could not see it.

Anyway I did the right thing and hauled it to the State Police office. They let me keep it but took the head!

Ok, yous axed for it! Take it for what it's worth.
From the FAL Files. This is Mike Minihan's tale as posted in the "Paranormal" thread, it fits here too.

"Back in the winter of 2001 my youngest son and I were on our way from Boise, Idaho to Medford, Oregon. We had taken a car trailer to his old place in Boise in order to haul his non-running Jeep to his new place in Medford. We hit an area of heavy snow in the southern Cascades around 2:00 a.m. It took 45 minutes or so to get down the mountain. We had of course been drinking coffee to stay alert.
About 25 miles west of the pass it became obvious that the last few quarts of coffee had to be drained. We stopped at a wide spot in the road near a summer tourist haunt, deserted in winter. There is a gas station and ice cream joint on the west side of the road, closed this time of year, and no town or settlement within 30 miles. This is tall timber country, and unsettled. Across the road is a small parking area for the ice cream joint. It is paved and about 200 ft. wide and 80 ft. deep. I pulled in and as I stepped out with .45 on hip, it occurred to me in a flash that grabbing the 590 Mossy would be good.
As we walked to the far end of the area to be well off the road, the hair on my arms and the back of my neck stood on end. The area directly to our front was open with a depth of 50 yards and a width of 100 yards. The night was clear and cold, 8-10 inches of snow on the ground, and with a moon almost full, so we could see quite well. While standing and taking a leak, with son about 15 ft.to my right I saw, as if springing from the earth in front of us across the open area 10 or 12 creatures moving RAPIDLY back and forth in sort of a Thatch weave pattern. These things, not human men, were close to 7 ft. tall, thin, bipedal with long arms, medium length gray fur, and damned fast on their feet. I brought the shotgun up and slid the safety off, as son was drawing his .45.
I don't know if I can adequately explain the overwhelming feeling of menace, but here goes. I had been operating on pure instinct since I had stepped from the pickup, the rotten feeling hit me a split second before the things arrived, the feeling?, instinct?, was that we were prey, and subject to a very bad death, and to be slaughtered and eaten, not a logical process, gut feeling and massively overwhelming.
As they were moving about in front of us, more appeared and mixed among them, all the while running about fast in front of us. Son and I were backing toward the truck, I WOULD NOT present my back to them, and some of them peeled off right and left in an encirclement movement. They were rolling in fast from the sides now, I could smell and feel their presence. We got to the truck loaded on adrenaline and ready to kill, as we both knew we were in grave danger. We piled into the truck, locked doors. I had keys out and ready, as my butt neared the seat, I had the engine lit and trans.in gear and gas pedal mashed in one motion. Adrenaline is great stuff! As we fled, yes fled, something VERY close by let out a ululating scream of rage, and pain. I believe one or more of the group had gotten really close to us in their pursuit and I ran over the foot of one of them, yeah they were that close. We rolled onto the highway and I told son to watch the bed of the pickup as well as the trailer, he already was indexed to the rear with the shotgun. We hauled bubblegum for at least 20 miles before the feeling of grave danger started to abate. The feeling that nailed both of us, as we discussed soon afterward, was one of being prey, and soon to be slaughtered and eaten. I am not easily led, and neither believe or disbelieve all the bigfoot, ghost and werewolf stuff, in fact I am skeptical. Son was speaking with a coworker about 6 months later who had grown up in Prospect, Oregon, about 30 miles south of Union Creek where the incident took place. He asked Jake if he had ever heard of any strange goings-on in the area. Jake went ashy white and pretty much retold the above tale. He says to avoid the place at night. A family friend, a 25 yr. retired cop not given to flights of fancy and an excellent observer, had a tale very similar from a year before. I told my wife of this event of course, she looked at me at the beginning as though I had developed a 3rd eyeball in the center of my forehead. That was from shock, she did believe me, but did not wish to hear any details. She said the tale gave her chills. Me too, as I write this, hair on back of neck and forearms is sticking up.
I have NOT gone back to explore, and would not without a large group of shotgun and flamethrower equipped men with me.
Son and I are both sane, sober persons, and not taken to hysteria. We were wide, VERY wide awake as things transpired. We saw and smelled what was there. As a sidebar neither of us heard footfalls from the creatures. They were silent until i hurt one as we were getting the Hell out of there.
To my knowledge, and I have researched, there is nothing that matches these creatures, unless one considers old legends and folk tales of were creatures. To conclude, I have to fall back on Elmer Keith's famous line,"Hell, I was there"
best regards, Mike Minihan"

Last Edited:
About 25 miles west of the pass it became obvious that the last few quarts of coffee had to be drained. We stopped at a wide spot in the road near a summer tourist haunt, deserted in winter. There is a gas station and ice cream joint on the west side of the road, closed this time of year, and no town or settlement within 30 miles. This is tall timber country, and unsettled. Across the road is a small parking area for the ice cream joint. It is paved and about 200 ft. wide and 80 ft. deep. I pulled in and as I stepped out with .45 on hip, it occurred to me in a flash that grabbing the 590 Mossy would be good.

Sounds like we need a group road trip!

Lets review the details.
Boise ID to Medford
Car trailer with jeep
Southern Cascades, apparently 25 miles west of a pass
Tall timber country
Unsettled
Near summer tourist traps and ice cream shop and gas station
Everything closed for winter on the routes

Having driven from Klamath Falls up to Albany, I took hwy 97 to 58 to I-5 recently, and looking at the maps, it seems that the route from Boise ID to Medford goes through Bend then Southwards towards Crater Lake, hwys 62,138, 230, and 140... of these; the route to Roseburg seems larger/busier/safer for a truck hauling a car trailer with a Jeep.. but as it mentions places closed for the winter, that still leaves a lot of possible routes. I know I passed a few places similar to the description except for being East of Willamette Pass and not tall timber country on 58 and 97.

Now I'm obsessed with finding this location, lol.

Maybe near prospect, OR? Beckie's cafe is in the woods and isolated by a touristy campground...

Before you gather a posse and saddle up, remember, it's not only something someone on the internet said, its something someone on the internet said someone on the internet said.

Nevermind, seems legit.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads