JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Strangest thing I ever found on a campout...
We were doing the camp thing with the five of us, two couples and our bachelor buddy.
We'd rolled in late set up our tents and everyone paired off to spend the night.

That night we had a horrendous storm blow thru shaking the tents and a torrential down pour. Just had to close our eyes and hang on. When we got up the next day one of the tents was missing, our buddy was gone! No sign of him.
Not in camp, not in the cars. The girls thought he blew away in a tornado.

Well we found him eventually. He had set up the tent in a nice smooth low area. When the rain hit his tent flooded out. He ended up grabbing all his gear, his bag and his tent and spent the night in a camp rest room we hadn't checked. His sleeping bag and tent hanging over the stalls.

People ruining it for the rest of us.

20190929_115755.jpg 20190929_115811.jpg 20190929_135628.jpg

Last Edited:
Man, I forgot about this thread so I didn't take a pic. My wife and I were out a couple weekends ago scouting. We were about 12 miles back from the nearest paved road, and had hiked a mile plus from as far as we could drive the truck. As we walked down an old logging road, I found a dragon's head lying in the road. It was metal, very heavy for its size, and awfully gruesome looking to have been off a kid's toy. It also had a weird hook in its mouth like something was supposed to hang off it. Dang it, I wish I had a picture.

Heck I just learned today Robert Rackstraw died in June of this year.
He was very much in the conspiracy world as being a potential suspect as D. B. Cooper - along with some very compelling circumstantial evidence as well as a lot of odd connections to people and places in Oregon and the Pacific Northwest as well.

I have been fascinated by this since I was a kid when it happened.

Last Edited:
Dating my now wife finishing Grad school in San Diego. I would drive my POS bug out into the desert to shoot in a draw. Talking 20 miles off pavement. One day out there shooting by myself, suddenly about 20 or so illegals walk between me and the car. Just showed up all quite like on their way to the main road.

None threating but I realized I had a bunch of guns and a working car all by myself. Next time I went out, I turned North off the HW, not South! (Then moved back to Oregon as soon as I could)

Easily the most bizarre-o encounter in the woods:

A much younger CG, chasing after grouse, with his SxS shotgun broken open over the right arm, running, giggling, and otherwise enjoying life in pursuit of the wily Phasianidæ. I burst into a clearing and see, how do I describe this, a small gathering of adults, in robes, with an ersatz altar with a cup and a long blade, people with arms stretched to the sky saying something in a language I did not comprehend. The sudden intrusion causes them to pause, shocked, and then stare at me. I said something like "Ay, pardon ... pardon me please, I am just hunting. I will go now". Then bowed slightly and bounded off again through the thicket. I have no idea what that was, but I assume some kind of pagan ritual. I was struck by the fact the women were all stunningly beautiful, but the few men were, frankly, not so well composed (think Comic Book Guy from The Simpsons). I felt guilty accidentally interrupting their, I don't know what is the word, but think the equivalent in their religion of a Catholic mass or a Protestant service. As weirded out I was, I have to imagine a silly young man, with a shotgun, bouncing in probably had the same effect to them. (A week later, give or take, I came through the same place; no people, no altar, but found a couple dozen small stones painted, and with runes on them. Hey, your guess is as good as mine. No judgement from this guy; just curious. :D)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top