JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For sure...
I do enjoy shooting my original Colt '51 Navy ( from 1863 ) and 20 grains of 2F with a .375 round ball , has put many a fella , both good and bad down...
Andy

Oddly enough the .32 Colt 1848 in various configurations was the best selling percussion revolver of all time. Lots of them were carried by the prospectors of the California Gold Rush along with anything else that would shoot, stab or slash. I enjoy shooting my replica 1848 and 1851 Colts, not fortunate enough to own an original

Oddly enough the .32 Colt 1848 in various configurations was the best selling percussion revolver of all time. Lots of them were carried by the prospectors of the California Gold Rush along with anything else that would shoot, stab or slash. I enjoy shooting my replica 1848 and 1851 Colts, not fortunate enough to own an original
'48 Colt, The Baby Dragoon! I knew that date sounded familiar.
Here's a nice short primer for those who are curious about this one....

Once riding in the woods we found 30-40 sets of stairs, all 4 steps in heigh, all in a row yet leading to nothing.

TBH it was a bit eerie and for the life of us we couldn't put together what they were for.

Many years later I found out what they we're...

what were they!!??
Found out these steps led to company owned homes. The coal & timber company would moved the houses to the next coal/timber pocket, harvest it all and rinse and repeat. The homes were moved a total of 4 times, about 60% of the homes still stand in a little town of 600 people near me.

One of my rentals is an old logging camp house that they moved 40 miles from camp to the nearest logging town when the timber played out. They moved several and with a little remodeling they became part of the town, probably 70 years later people still living in mine.

Are these the usual style of homes as seen in this article?
[URL]http://offbeatoregon.com/1308d-shevlin-oregons-wandering-timber-town.html[/url]

Found out these steps led to company owned homes. The coal & timber company would moved the houses to the next coal/timber pocket, harvest it all and rinse and repeat. The homes were moved a total of 4 times, about 60% of the homes still stand in a little town of 600 people near me.

sounds like the town described, is in fact the final home of this town in the article, with an eerily same number of residents?

The funny thing about that little town of 600 people is that the coal company had a lease on that land that those old homes resided on and for over 40 years no new homes could be built in that town.
Turns out, building a new home (moving dirt) would have constituted mining and they wouldn't allow any mining for the duration of their lease...at least this is what some of the locals told me when I was up there several years back.

Was hiking around and found a cool old stove. Not strange, but...

IMG_20170812_160541923.jpg

Was camping last summer and arrived to camp around noon and proceeded to set up the camper, gather wood, and get a fire going. Decided to go for a short hike up the draw that we were camped at the mouth of and about 100 yds up the trail, My dog started marking everything and sniffing around.

Found a wolf turd in the middle of the trail done on the move and going away from us. Apparently one or more had come down to observe us. Was a bit creepy feeling knowing that wolves had been so close and neither me OR my dog detected their presence...

uDbii1sxPibWgOYqAlWtwzuw4YXKH1Ew_cbQz3RejE8pX92IB.jpg

uC8YhvFtSUb-wqOOEXqallpOwfEQcxybbNz8j9Ty78gpX92IB.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews