JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not actually in the woods, but pretty close to it. Camp Polk cemetery outside of Sisters.
Old cemeteries are interesting. Gray Butte Cemetery North of Redmond is a neat place to visit for some history as many prominent names are on headstones of 'pioneers' of Central Oregon.
Many years ago I was exploring out East of Prineville and noticed what looked like some kind of small fence in the distance. I headed toward it and came upon a single grave with a name carved in what looked like a handmade headstone.

Do you have snacks and Henry's Rubarb Wine, with that? :p

Are you talkin' Henry Ender's in Clackamas River Road here? Back in the day legal age meant you could see over the top of the counter without a step stool. Made many a rafting trip down the Clackamas powered by his rhubarb wine...

Found this one on the Ifish thread, thought it worth reposting here to keep this going.
About ten years ago, I was hiking out after an unsuccessful elk hunt.
It was getting dark and I noticed a black Chevy van up the road.
I could hear screaming...It sounded like a man and a woman.
Then I heard the sound of a chainsaw start up. But it was coming from inside the van.
The woman starting really screaming...
I knew this just didnt sound right. So I threw open the side door to the van just as the guy was cutting off this womans second leg.
I knocked him out with the butt of my rifle and applied turnequets to both her legs. Then I tied him with his hands behind him and tied his hands to his feet.
I jumped in the drivers seat and flew down the mountain into town to the hospital. The people at the counter called the OSP and they came right over. They put additional handcuffs on the guy and left him hog tied and threw him face down in the back seat of their car.
The woman survived....
A year later I had to go to court on the matter. They had reduced the charges to assault with intent to do bodily harm.
Then when the judge came in, he looked at the lady and called both the prosecuter and the defense to the bench.
After fifteen minutes they both stepped away and the judge slammed his gavel and stated ...case dismissed.

The woman went balistic....she was screaming at the top of her lungs and her family was trying to get at the guy, but the officers in the court room were holding them back.
She started yelling at the judge, Why? Why? Why?
He looked down at her and said," Lady...you dont have a leg to stand on".
Gottcha! LOL

Are you talkin' Henry Ender's in Clackamas River Road here? Back in the day legal age meant you could see over the top of the counter without a step stool. Made many a rafting trip down the Clackamas powered by his rhubarb wine...

I preferred the apple wine. Also had cherry and blackberry too if i remember correctly. Good stuff.

Anybody remember that winery in Sandy run by an old bull dyke named Ma Bender.
She made a knockout berry wine in 1/2 gallon glass jugs called Raspberry Red-Eye and Strawberry Sneak.
It tasted like Kool Aide and had the kick of Mad Dog 20/20.

Anybody remember that winery in Sandy run by an old bull dyke named Ma Bender.
She made a knockout berry wine in 1/2 gallon glass jugs called Raspberry Red-Eye and Strawberry Sneak.
It tasted like Kool Aide and had the kick of Mad Dog 20/20.

Somewhere in the back of my mind that rings a bell, sounds familiar. But lets not forget the other fine wines of the age: Bali Hi, Ripple Pagan Pink & the other fine flavors Red & Pear and the fine line of wines made by Boone's Farms. Night Train & Thunderbird lets forget as they were terrible as was Mad Dog 20\20.

"Strange Things Found in the Woods" ????

Hmm, I guess my remembrance fits, of being on vacation up here from Utah, where we lived, and my girlfriend and I going through several bottles of Annie Greensprings "EASY NIGHTS" whilst camping at Barview Jetty Park. We were technically in the woods? And it did get pretty strange, if I remember right?

For those who are having trouble viewing the ifish pages, it seems the problem is the Safari browser on iPhone. Try a different browser. All of the pages are still there

Big Mac n fries please:p

IMG_0606_zpsnsdr2ex8.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews