JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Last fall a couple miles up and just off the FS road I live on I came across an abandoned older toyota pickup that had two different plates and a note written on the drivers side window from the inside in what looked like red lipstick that said (if I remember correctly) tell my son that I love him, but tell everyone else to go "f" themselfs and to go to #€¥¥.
That too was reported to the state police.
The state game officer came by shortly and checked things out.
H and I checked both sides fairly deep into the woods for a quarter miles or so and turned up nothing,
It was three days before two deputies came up and looked around.
Nothing turned up as far as I know and the rig sat there for most of a month before the county towed it.
Still a flipping mystery I guess?

I found this cool old ladder out in the woods. I don't know if it's still there and I don't know if it was for a treestand or what??? :

003_zps0aeeb03a.jpg

bsa,

Re: ladder - entrance for Bigfoot's treehouse. ;)

As for continueing this thread, I once found two 50 ft. lengths of 1" garden hose off a fire road.
It looked like the locals were using it as a dump site, as there were old washing machines and a loveseat out there, too.
The hose was in good shape so I threw it in the back of the truck and took it home.
Still have'em and they both work like a champ!

Dean

My friend found it stabbed into a remote Mt. Jefferson Wilderness trail sign
Whenever I see evidence of a deer/elk dressed out I immediately look at the nearby trees - I have found two knives from the hunters who forgot them while dressing out their kill - which is probably the answer to the 1873 Winchester found in Nevada last year. I know a guy who found a rifle leaning against a tree next to deer entrails. One of the knives was one of those huge Schrade Walden folders - like a 6" blade!

Last Edited:
We used to have some property near Steamboat Springs, CO. in an area that was supposed to be developed into a new smaller ski resort. The ski slopes and lift were developed and were in use for only a year or two before the development company went bankrupt. The roads had been graded in but nothing much beyond that was ever developed. We were up at the property putting up some tall posts in the corners of the property to make finding the official lot markers easier to find and I discovered an old trappers cabin about 50 yards behind the lot. It was mostly fallen in and not much was left but I did find an ancient pair of glasses and an old felt hat that was pretty flattened in the remains of the cabin. Not nearly as entertaining as the grow we found on my friend's property but still interesting.

I found and old passenger rail car in the woods I know it's still there also found a box of Blasting caps when i was very young
I remember back when I was a kid there were a lot of television ads aimed at children about finding blasting caps.

Ain't nobody got time for dat! lol

Bump!!!

Where's some new stories?!

I just re-read this whole thread. I really want to read the ifish thread again but won'5 iphone won't let me go past the 20th post?
Anyone else have this issue or is it my phone/software?

I really wanted to read the story again about the boy who got lost and was surrounded at night by shadowy figures until his family found him. For some reason it stuck with me.

Bump!!!

Where's some new stories?!

I just re-read this whole thread. I really want to read the ifish thread again but won'5 iphone won't let me go past the 20th post?
Anyone else have this issue or is it my phone/software?

I really wanted to read the story again about the boy who got lost and was surrounded at night by shadowy figures until his family found him. For some reason it stuck with me.
Consider that a blessing about ifish issues .....

Not a BIG find but as an amateur treasure hunter I located the town of Shevlin in the woods just SE of Sunriver after following an old FS map location. Nothing too spectacular (or old) but there is a lot of junk left in the area, lots of broken dishes, TONS of tin cans, remains of clothing, old vehicles etc. Interesting story on it:
Shevlin: Oregon's wandering timber town | Offbeat Oregon History | #ORhistory (http://offbeatoregon.com/1308d-shevlin-oregons-wandering-timber-town.html)

We found the Shevlin ghost town back in the '70's when we were kids out riding motorcycles (Honda trail 70's...Yeah!) on a camping trip to Paulina Lake. You are right though, lots of cans and bottles around. Pretty cool place to explore. As I recall, a lot of the structures were partially buried in the ground. I never figured out why that was.....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top