JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a Glock 22 and just noticed that the front of the frame is warped up and is touching the slide. Is that normal or even ok? What is the warranty on Glocks. I've never really been a Glock guy so not real familiar with them. Thanks

That seem easy enough. Sounds like it probably doesn't hurt anything, but that is the kind of thing that drives me crazy. Thank you guys for the quick input.

I've never noticed that on any of mine, although I can't say I ever looked for it. If it goes bang, leave it alone.

I've heard it called a pig nose, because of it turning up. I've noticed it on a couple of mine and it will not hurt the way the gun works. You can also go to Glocktalk.com and ask there.

Yep, every Glock I've owned has done this, some more than others. There is a fix for it and it's really simple - I've done it on several - remove the lower, dip the front portion of the lower only, no deeper than the front of the trigger guard into water that's just off a boil and let it sit about 15-20 seconds. Pull it out and reassemble the gun, then insert a toothpick on either side of the frame between the bottom of the slide and the frame and let it cool. Once cooled, it will stay in the new shape. If 15-20 seconds didn't do it, then heat again, no more than 5 seconds, just enough to get it barely pliable.

I've seen it suggested you can also use a heat gun, but you run the risk of getting the lower too hot and potentially damaging the lower, so I would avoid that method.

That said, it's only a cosmetic issue and doesn't affect the performance of the gun at all. So, if you're not bothered by it, leave it as is.

Go on Youtube and look at The Yankee Marshall. He shows how to fix the pig nose on a glock. I do believe that he is in this forum as the Playboy Penguin. You might be able to contact him. He used a hair dryer if I remember correctly.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top