JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sadly, many of you were right, he's a refund scammer. He's begging for a refund from me, while trying to get one from PayPal at the same time, and still refuses to give me any info about the FFL he wants to use. Not a name, address, or phone number.

Sadly, many of you were right, he's a refund scammer. He's begging for a refund from me, while trying to get one from PayPal at the same time, and still refuses to give me any info about the FFL he wants to use. Not a name, address, or phone number.
Glad you dodged that bullet!! Thanks for letting us know what was up. If PayPal contacts you tell them that he was trying to buy a gun and that should put an end to his attempts at a refund. Once PayPal is done with him then you can choose to refund his money or not. I wouldn't. If it bothers you to keep it, give it to your favorite charity. You have the rare opportunity to punish a scammer. Take it.

If you haven't already, it might be wise to remove any funds from your account except his payment. That way they can reverse his money back to him if they choose, but not freeze any of yours.

If it were me, and they called about it, I would just tell them that he was trying to make a purchase, I suspect fraud of some kind, and just want them to reverse his payment and have nothing more to do with him in any way. I would not admit to them any intent to accept payment for anything firearm related.

In his messages, he says I can't call the FFL because they are at the SHOT show. I just called PayPal, they just told me that F/F is not for purchases, it's the same as a cash transaction, and neither of us are protected by PayPal.

In his messages, he says I can't call the FFL because they are at the SHOT show. I just called PayPal, they just told me that F/F is not for purchases, it's the same as a cash transaction, and neither of us are protected by PayPal.
It sounds like there is no further need to communicate with PP or Mr. Scammer on this issue.

If it was me i would not send him a nickel.Put the cash away for future use if a refund is mandated by someone with authority.

Sell the rifle if needed and if 6 months from now the cash is still in my hands i put it to use with a ammo purchase and use a copy of his communications as the target.

The logical question in follow up: is every single FFL in your area at ShotShow? Pick another -- don't care which FFL does the transaction, just that they are an FFL.

Glad you dodged that bullet!! Thanks for letting us know what was up. If PayPal contacts you tell them that he was trying to buy a gun and that should put an end to his attempts at a refund. Once PayPal is done with him then you can choose to refund his money or not. I wouldn't. If it bothers you to keep it, give it to your favorite charity. You have the rare opportunity to punish a scammer. Take it.

The "Baseacegoku fund for the kids who want to shoot good and do other things good as well" is always looking for donations :p

Don't know if paypal is still like they were back when I had issues with them, but probably.... it's a very automated system, without many humans involved to deal with weirdness. No-one is going to call. Hell, you'd be lucky to get hold of an actual human there, if you tried. Sorry you had to deal with all that, @284guy.

There's no way to buy on ebay with out using pay pal?
You can buy without paypal but most sellers only accept paypal. Selling without paypal is possible but most buyers will only pay with paypal because of the extra layer of protection. It is possible to go without but not in all cases by a long shot. Since Ebay bought Paypal they have really integrated them into the system pretty fully.

I know some people say well screw that I can do without ebay no problem. Thay are anti gun after all. Problem is that for a lot of stuff especially older electronic and industrial items there is really no reasonable alternative.

You can buy without paypal but most sellers only accept paypal. Selling without paypal is possible but most buyers will only pay with paypal because of the extra layer of protection. It is possible to go without but not in all cases by a long shot. Since Ebay bought Paypal they have really integrated them into the system pretty fully.

I know some people say well screw that I can do without ebay no problem. Thay are anti gun after all. Problem is that for a lot of stuff especially older electronic and industrial items there is really no reasonable alternative.

Well, then I guess when people that really need to use pay pal screw with pa pal, they deserve what they get? Such as this case? Their rules are plain to understand I'd think? I don't do a lot of Ebay. I'm not even sure if I use pay pal when do Ebay. I have an account, I guess, because I have a pay pal email that says I do.

If you want to use Pay Pal to get Paid for a Firearm that's your call . Do you really think all your customers are working on and Angle ?
But keep in mind the more second amendment folks continue to use businesses that are anti 2nd amendment ( P.P. is anti 2nd )you are cutting our own throat.
Have him send you a cashiers check no fees and everyone is happy
And all of ours as well
GLW your transaction

If you want to use Pay Pal to get Paid for a Firearm that's your call . Do you really think all your customers are working on and Angle ?
But keep in mind the more second amendment folks continue to use businesses that are anti 2nd amendment ( P.P. is anti 2nd )you are cutting our own throat.
Have him send you a cashiers check no fees and everyone is happy
And all of ours as well
GLW your transaction

Cashiers checks are their own little circle of hell.

I have used PP many times in the past, occasionally for firearms deals, but only with people I know. With PP becoming an online bank and not following their own payment guidelines (in my case), I have pretty much stopped using them now. If you call them its a call center in another country, they don't give a dam about you or the other party. I would let the PP dispute resolve itself via PP. They will just take your money and refund it to this person. If you send it yourself, you are likely to get dinked twice. The text you post earlier sure does seem like the scammer has english as a 2nd language.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top