JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I the only one who looks at the Savage Impulse straight pull rifle and thinks what great Scout Rifle the platform would make?

1632500217801.png

I think you're on to something.

If they made a little one in 223/556 I'd be interested.

I still look, from time to time, for a Mauser M96 straight-pull in 9.3x62㎜. They came into the country in the late 90s, but seemed to have more or less dried up. So, to answer the question, yes, sounds neat. :D

1) "If they made a little one in 223/556 I'd be interested."
I was thinking 6.5CM.

2) "I still look, from time to time, for a Mauser M96 straight-pull in 9.3x62㎜."
The bolt handle is mighty far forward of the trigger. How fast would it be to operate?

1) "If they made a little one in 223/556 I'd be interested."
I was thinking 6.5CM.

2) "I still look, from time to time, for a Mauser M96 straight-pull in 9.3x62㎜."
The bolt handle is mighty far forward of the trigger. How fast would it be to operate?
They make one or two in 6.5.

I'd think one of these in something real silly like 350 Legend or 450 Bushmaster would be good competition for the Ruger Ranch rifle.

I have see several versions of straight pull ARs out there using a standard lower this was just the first that popped up as a complete rifle to me that would be a good scout rifle with side folding stock.

This company makes a bolt group with charging handle to replace stock one for straight pull operation.
Never seen one in person but the concept is sound. Just block the Gas port and use your charging handle for straight pull works the same way.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top