JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Might be the wrong sub-forum...

I am well aware the Franklin armory reformation has been universally lampooned as a gimmick especially at the intended price point. However does the concept have a purpose in non AR firearms....

For example could a "Shotgun" be created with straight cut land and grooves and a chamber designed to chamber a shotgun shell? Thus legally being a non-shotgun, non-rifle, and thus not be a SBS? Admittedly this firearm might have to be in a proprietary sub-50 caliber size to avoid Destructive device regulation, but does the concept have any merit in SBS unfriendly states.

A2BD6D4A-FD59-46E8-AAB8-4481B5AE768F.jpeg
Might be the wrong sub-forum...

I am well aware the Franklin armory reformation has been universally lampooned as a gimmick especially at the intended price point. However does the concept have a purpose in non AR firearms....

For example could a "Shotgun" be created with straight cut land and grooves and a chamber designed to chamber a shotgun shell? Thus legally being a non-shotgun, non-rifle, and thus not be a SBS? Admittedly this firearm might have to be in a proprietary sub-50 caliber size to avoid Destructive device regulation, but does the concept have any merit in SBS unfriendly states.
Look up the ATF conversation and ruling on the Remington TAC-14. I don't see any reason the gun would be any less legal with a rifled barrel. Mine shoots great and is super fun. Legal in all states without specific restrictions without NFA issue. The ruling states that it is not a shotgun because it has never had a full length stock and is legal as an "other" weapon being over 26" in length.

Last Edited:
Just for fun...
At one time I owned a Czech "Yeager" rifle from around 1700...it was .65 caliber and had straight grooves cut into the barrel as rifling.
Folks have been playing around with rifling variations for a long time.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top