JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Help a lazy researcher with the reference here. It is a story of a woman that feeds things throughout the stages of her life, perishes in a snowstorm on her way to feed her animals, and her remains continue to feed.

Stephen Crane? Jack London? Poe?

I can't find any fictional stories of that, but there's a few real life stories. London has "to build a fire" and Flannery O'Connor has a few grim stories about messed up people. There's one called "a good man is hard to find" that's pretty awesome and dark. Anyway, if anyone finds the fictional story let me know too. Sounds interesting.

Can't help you their but the story kind of reminds me of the story of a boy and his dog. And the movie made from the story with the boy Vic played by a young Don Johnson.

I'm currently reading a compilation of Flannery O'Connor short stories and so far they're all dark and so un-pc they'd be hard pressed to be published today.

Yah, I'm a total fan of O'Connor. She points out the failings of man, in a sort of dark humorous way. She was catholic, and, had lupus and died from it at 39. My wife has lupus too so I can see what she was fighting. i want to say, the TV show, "my name is earl" has got to have been influenced by her. The grotesques trying to get by in a messed up world.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top