JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I feel bad for the guy on one hand, he hammered himself for 16 years, but worrying about $$ after leaving 4 years before his 20 is a bit hard to get.

Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda is the story of a lot of folks (Me included). When you choose to get out of the military rather than retire then yes you do get completely cut off. Uncle Sam pulls the tit out and now you have to fend for yourself. That's the way it goes. I'm sure the Shooter received his medal just like so many other deserving soldiers. That is his reward. If he choose to retire then his reward would come in the form of a monthly paycheck. Bottom line, he made a choice.

There are avenues for the Shooter to take via the VA for PTSD counseling just as a start.

Allot of combat vets have trouble just getting through a normal day in life. I, like many, cannot even fathom what they went through over there & then to return home to their families.
I remember as a child our family would gather in the living room and pray before my father left to go on missions, he was 82nd Airborne, Special Forces & Green Beret out of Ft. Bragg, NC and thankfully he came back every time. He never once talked about where he was or what he did, and we had the faith in him to never ask.
I pray for this man, his family & all the other service member who served our country & paid the price one way or the other.

There were some stories a while back about the DOD wanting to tinker with retirement pay. One of the suggestions was to give partial pensions for less than twenty years. They equated it with 401K pensions where you get to take what you earned with you even if you didn't work a full 20 years etc. I think that could be looked into without too much griping but they also wanted to tinker around with some of the other sacred cows of the military like Tri Care and Disability so I think it was a non starter...

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top