JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has any one tried to install one of these. I just ordered one of this from Midway and the add said semi-drop in. I was just wanting to know how much work was involved in this or anything that might help complete the job.
Thanks
Ben

If guns kill people, can I blame my misspelled words on my pencil.

Last Edited:
I have a Storm Lake 40 to 9mm conversion barrel used in a G23.
Drop in, shoot, is my experience.
I bought it to shoot lead bullets and it works great with good accuracy.
I did add a 9mm magazine for better feeding.

Somewhat different to reload for as the chamber is on the small side of the standard tolerences.
This is by design, to improve accuracy for gun games, as Glock barrels are made for defense.
Some describe this as a "tight chamber" and it becomes a challenge for them to reload.
Many return these type barrels to have the chamber "opened up" rather than take the time to develop the correct reload and they expect reloads for other guns to feed/work in the Storm Lake or LWD barrels.

Sorry for the long answer to a short question.
Just sayin'
Tilos

Have anyone also try Lone Wolf barrel? Last time I check it was $89 now it's $109 :-( I didnt know how well it work for Glock 22 so I didn't buy one. But now I am looking to buy a conversion for Glock 22 also. Please give me some feedback.

Thank you for your input. And heads up about the tight chamber. I will see how good my reloads are.
My Barrels (Storm Lake .40 and .40 to 9mm)should be in tomorrow, I will let you know how they turn out.

Have anyone also try Lone Wolf barrel? Last time I check it was $89 now it's $109 :-( I didnt know how well it work for Glock 22 so I didn't buy one. But now I am looking to buy a conversion for Glock 22 also. Please give me some feedback.

Yeah, I've got one...all it is, is a replacement barrel for the G-31 (.357 Sig, full sized). My friend had a G-31 and literally put the Lone Wolf barrel in his gun and fired it with it...both the slides and frames are the same (G22/G31), just the barrel is a bit wider in the .357 sig than in the .40 s&w to make up for the difference in calliber.

Cool thing about the G22 conversion is that you can use the same magazines and everything just fine...just drop in and shoot! Just be REALLY CAREFUL about switching your ammo from .40 to .357 then back and again....I can see some problems with confusing the barrels and callibers that might be catastrophic.

I have a Lone Wolf in my .45. I find it to be decently accurate for what I bought it for. It's a nice barrel...not as accurate as the stocker... but that could just have been me as I was still dialing in my reloads. Good barrels for they money, that's for sure... hard to beat $100 for a nice barrel.

Storm Lake has a nice rep, and I think they have done contract work for other major manufacturers. I almost bought one of their barrels for my 1911 build... but went with Oly Arms for the local factor.

I am currently looking for a new barrel for my generation 2 Glock 22. I need a barrel for defense as well as occassional trips to the range. A replacement Glock factory barrel will run me $135 but i heard alot of good things about the storm lake barrels and the lone wolf standard barrels. I dont reload ammo i just buy from firearm dealers and retail stores. I mostly shoot winchester FMJ 180gr and speer gold dot JHP 165gr.. I need a barrel that will cleanly shoot them both without any worries of kabooms or jamming. Also looking for something that will just drop into my glock. so please fellow glock owners help me out.

also if anyone have any spare glock 22 .40 SW barrels that they are willing so sale for a decent price hit me with offers. I truely prefer the storm lake or glock factory barrel if its used or seen more than 1000 rds.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top