JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm currently camping in my buddies back yard in Millican valley. We spent most the day driving our UTV's. Also stopped at a place to do some shooting with the trusty little .22's. So now I'm sitting back sipping on a beer thinking. What would I do with all my guns if I were not in my buddies back yard? Usually I only have my CCW with me camping so no big deal. This trip I have 3 pistols and 5 long guns. So the question is. How in the hell could I mount a safe in my 30' keystone bullet RV? I have the room but how could I possibly attach it to the RV that someone couldn't literally rip it from the wall? I do own one of the better aluminum framed units but still built pretty cheaply. Here are a couple pictures of where I would like to mount one. It's basically a 6' long simi hallway from the main area to the bedroom. I was thinking of removing the corner storage. Then somehow installing a 10 or 15 gun safe then butting the storage back up to it. 1C7C98E6-D004-4EA4-88DF-74F59E7B843E.jpeg A8BE0B38-6EB9-4323-96F1-BED75EA05864.jpeg

Does the main bed flip up, for extra storage? If so, put the safe there, drill through it, through the floor, and into the frame. Or make a mount bracket under the trailer to mount/bolt to.

If you start adding (significant?) weight, you'll need to take that into consideration when towing. I'd try and keep everything as centered as possible.

After rereading this, it sounds as if I am trying to tell you what to do. That was NOT my intention. Just questions and suggestions. :)

Last Edited:
I wouldn't think of putting everything in one place. Hard to hide a large cache in a trailer. Handguns would be the easiest to hide as they are small. Under/behind the heating ducts or refrigerator where you have to reach in blind to get it.

I typically spend two weeks to two months each year in a run-down donated travel trailer in Mexico. None of the drawers go all the way to the back wall. Lots of small corners where stuff could be locked down, out-of-sight, with only clothes, cleaning supplies and food in sight when a closet or overhead door is opened.

Burglars will expect to find stuff in the bedroom, so anything there should be locked down in something sturdy and awkward to access.

My preference would be trying to go through the floor somewhere to anchor it to the frame...and making sure you seal the holes really well.

The problem is that you're just really limited in an RV. I'm all for hiding it if you can but you would really need to come up with some type of slick system. RV's aren't that big and it's pretty easy to find stuff in them if you're a thief. They'll find it in that corner wall unit pretty quickly.

They make safes that fit under the seat of full size trucks, I'd think something could be modified to make it work...just spitballing here.

I'm currently camping in my buddies back yard in Millican valley. We spent most the day driving our UTV's. Also stopped at a place to do some shooting with the trusty little .22's. So now I'm sitting back sipping on a beer thinking. What would I do with all my guns if I were not in my buddies back yard? Usually I only have my CCW with me camping so no big deal. This trip I have 3 pistols and 5 long guns. So the question is. How in the hell could I mount a safe in my 30' keystone bullet RV? I have the room but how could I possibly attach it to the RV that someone couldn't literally rip it from the wall? I do own one of the better aluminum framed units but still built pretty cheaply. Here are a couple pictures of where I would like to mount one. It's basically a 6' long simi hallway from the main area to the bedroom. I was thinking of removing the corner storage. Then somehow installing a 10 or 15 gun safe then butting the storage back up to it. View attachment 582410 View attachment 582411

If it has a closet to hide the safe in and bolt straight through the walls .It would probably be faster just steal the complete RV

Been thinking about this too. Planning on going full time in a couple of years. Class a motorhome, hopefully a diesel pusher. Will pare things down gun wise to a few long guns and a few handguns.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top