JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guns are in a safe and not transferred to another person. The OP is simply stored the safe in a secure location. It is no different legally from the OP storing the safe in a storage facility. As long as the OP is the only person that can open the safe without breaking into it. Also, at the time of placing the safe at the friends property, he may have been a resident of that state?
Thank you Heretic.

This is something that I have wondered about since the 2015 law went in effect. Within the scope of that law, an individual could theoretically place his property in a safe and temporarily rent a storage locker where he has the only key, combo, etc.
Since the owner is the sole person to have access to the safe contents and it is further secured by the storage facility not having legal authority to access the locker (through the duration of the rental agreement). No physical transfer can legally be made.

Am I missing something here ?
It seems to me, this is the only way left open to temporarily store items for those people who have no relatives to safeguard their property legally without transfer. Perhaps a class three holder could chime in here, it seems similar to the controls (aka BS) they have to contend with.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads