JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering what the law is for storing my safe and firearms at my grandmas house. I just need to store them somewhere else for a short period of time. From what I can tell, it seems that it is legal to do because she is a blood relative. Any input is greatly appreciated and even links to this topic would be great. TIA!

You could consign them, but set the price abnormally high. The consignment shop would need to provide security for the items along with insurance.

From what some people have told me, is it is immediate family, mom, dad, brother, sister. As grandparents could be considered extended family.
Per SB941 the only option now for a legal transfer w/o an FFL is from:

(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.

Per SB941 the only option now for a legal transfer w/o an FFL is from:

(A) A transferor's spouse or domestic partner;
(B) A transferor's parent or stepparent;
(C) A transferor's child or stepchild;
(D) A transferor's sibling;
(E) A transferor's grandparent;
(F) A transferor's grandchild;
(G) A transferor's aunt or uncle;
(H) A transferor's first cousin;
(I) A transferor's niece or nephew; or
(J) The spouse or domestic partner of a person specified in subparagraphs (B) to (I) of this paragraph.
As I understand, a "transfer" is to be giving them the firearms, so to speak. Am I overthinking this? If that's the case, could I technically not go to the house, grab a gun, and go to the range?

As I understand, a "transfer" is to be giving them the firearms, so to speak. Am I overthinking this? If that's the case, could I technically not go to the house, grab a gun, and go to the range?
Do what you want, you are legally fine. replace "transfer" with "gift" or "loan". There is no paperwork BS, you do not need to ask permission or get anyones blessing.

Why not?

"Rent a room."

I mean.....

Say that you were to rent a room from her. Install a lock on the door. Now, that room has become no different from a storage locker.

As for the "storage business"?

Whatever. I ain't saying.

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads