JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had stored ammo in either plastic "Plano-type" ammo cans or mil-surp metal ammo cans.

I was curious if the plastic ones were really airtight (even though they had rubber gaskets), so I purchased a 2-pack of digital hygrometers from Amazon for $6 to measure humidity in the cans.

The plastic oneswere not airtight.

For long-term storage, especially my reloads, I've been replacing the plastic cans with metal 30-cal or 50-cal cans.

The plastic ones are still useful for other purposes.

I had stored ammo in either plastic "Plano-type" ammo cans or mil-surp metal ammo cans.

I was curious if the plastic ones were really airtight (even though they had rubber gaskets), so I purchased a 2-pack of digital hygrometers from Amazon for $6 to measure humidity in the cans.

The plastic oneswere not airtight.

For long-term storage, especially my reloads, I've been replacing the plastic cans with metal 30-cal or 50-cal cans.

The plastic ones are still useful for other purposes.

MTM might be somewhat airtight - I wouldn't drop them in water though. Plano? Meh - like I said, if you lift them by the top handles, up with ammo in them, certainly not airtight. In short, the metal cans, even the cheap ones, are much better. You get what you paid for.

Some current "in use" range stuff, plus overflow.

8AAF0FE9-D548-47D0-84D9-5C227FB173EF.jpeg

That's one side of a a full length 2x4 shelving unit, using cinder blocks on a cement pad.

The other side is not shown, as it's obscured from standard handheld camera view, as are shipping pallet boxes.

Reasonably secure shop, plus alarmed & video.

The only plastic cans I store our stuff in is for plinking, empty magazines & such.

All mine go into ammo cans with bags of desiccant I made and toss in for good measure. These are all in my house where they are kept safe and dry. I always like knowing I have X-number of cans vs X-number of boxes. Then again, depends on how many boxes we are counting! :)

I store mine in a Jobox. I picked this up nearly new for $450 a few years back. They are always on craigslist. Can bolt it to the floor, and once full can hold 1000's of rounds of ammo. Plus they have a cut out in the back to run an electrical cord for a light or a dehumidifier rod.

thumbnail_IMG_0384.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads