JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only type of hard case I would ever store a rifle in is a top opening vertical mount style. Where the rifle is placed in the box in the same orrientation and when you are holding it to shoot it. Then the rifle should only touch the case at the butt plate and under the end of the forearm. Same way it does when standing in a rifle rack vertically.

I have two such travel cases I built from 5/8" Plywood. One a HD bang around in the back of a Pickup that will hold to 24" barrel bolt action hunting rifles. and another that is lighter built with 3/4" square frame and 1/4" plywood covering for my 26 and 28" barreled rifles.

You can see photos of the long case here:

This way air can circulate around the rifles. But I always store my rifles cleaned and oiled standing in a rifle rack with a piece of felt or wool blanket padding the top section of the rack where it touches the rifle. I use a light grease in the bore to prevent dripping and to protect the bore. I always clear the bore with a couple patches on a jag before shooting.

Firearm Storage & Preservation Bags

Manufactured in the USA, by Heritage Packaging

The original ZCORR bags use a heavy duty VCI impregnated foil laminated material to provide years of corrosion protection. They also incorporate an industrial grade reusable Velcro closure to ensure that your firearm stays in the bag and safe from rust & corrosion.

Including...
Compact Tactical Weapon Bag
Long Rifle Bag
Tactical Weapon Bag
Universal Pistol Bag
Universal Shotgun/Rifle Bag

As always I will have to say Protective Gun Cases Silicon Treated - Bore Stores

I had 3 guns in these for 3 years in a hard case,without any extra detectable rust.
Nice and thick like your fleece coat and they wick the moisture away from the gun
The newest gun was from the early 70s and the oldest was from close to 1900.
I would never store a gun in anything but these if not in a safe.
Man I should get free stuff from these guys as much as I promote their site.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top