JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'd thought I'd ask people here if they have had experiences with gunshops etc. holding onto firearms longer than the minimum wait period time as required by law. I've always wondered why they do that stuff in the first place.
Also, does it make sense to have a shop say they will not hold onto firearms during the waiting period when doing a private party, in state transfer, making the buyer and seller make a second trip to pick up the gun? Catch is, the shop
I went to charged me to hold onto the gun since I didn't want to make the seller come back on a second trip.

I'm in WA, where private gun sales have to be at an FFL to legally transfer such weapons.

I don't know of a single FFL that is willing to jeopardize their living to break any of the new ambiguous laws.
I also don't know of any shops that charge storage fees, unless it's been there for an extraordinary amount of time.

Would you risk your livelihood for a customer?
And would you store stuff for free for a lengthy period?

Something doesn't add up in your story. It seems to be lacking some details

This was a simple private party, face to face FFL transfer of a semi auto rifle. I met up with the seller and I did the transfer and forms (4473, WA DOL paperwork etc) this last Saturday so this is very recent.

20210331_202556.jpg

The last couple times I bought a handgun here the FFL held it the required time and when they did not hear back from the state they let the gun walk. Now they did it for us because we had been buying from them since they opened. They of course did not do this for everyone. Sadly the mess voters made here is just that, a mess. So now those with an FFL have to decide what they want to do. It's why I warn people to ask before they buy or set up to do a transfer. Find out what is going to happen before you start putting money down.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top