JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This is sort of off topic but what do you guys think of storing some of my guns, food, whatever in one of those storage lockers you rent by the month? So you don't have everything in one place, or if the Feds start rounding up firearms are they safe?

Storage units are favorite training spots for police dogs.

If the particular location you're looking at doesn't have a police presence, then they most likely have at least a few meth labs set up in various lockers.

So, you're either trusting your weapons to meth heads or the police. Either way I would never, ever, ever, ever store my weapons in a storage unit.

Storage units are favorite training spots for police dogs.

If the particular location you're looking at doesn't have a police presence, then they most likely have at least a few meth labs set up in various lockers.

So, you're either trusting your weapons to meth heads or the police. Either way I would never, ever, ever, ever store my weapons in a storage unit.

I've been thinking about this a bit. I wouldn't consider a storage locker for firearms or anything of real value, but I've thought about getting one and storing several changes of clothing, spare sleeping bags, tent, food, some ammo, and maybe 20 or 30 gallons of stabilized gas. A secondary supply away from house and other caches I may or may not have.

I haven't pulled the trigger on the idea yet, but have gotten far as trying to find rental agreements for the things to see if they prohibit fuel or anything. Closest I've seen is recommendations on how to store small engines.

The storage lockers I'm thinking of are with a manager who lives there and everything is out in the open with good locking systems in a very upscale neighborhood. I wouldn't keep a Les Baer in one but maybe food and a Tokarev and enough ammo to get me where I'm going.

according to what i have read, storage lockers are are only good in the case of natural disasters. which would mean that extra food/water and clothing are the only things you would need in such situations. also only really cost effective if you were using it for regular storage too. so if thats all youre interested in preparing for then if should do just fine.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top