JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my guns and remove them from the safe to admire (shoot) everyone of them at least once every 2 weeks. I have every other one in the safe in a silicone sock mainly just to avoid contact with the one next to it while moving them in and out. The silicone socks seem to be doing a great job. I haven't found a need for any dehumidifier of any kind yet. Hope I never need to.

We used to coat our guns with Rig grease when I lived in Houston. It really worked. Even in the humid, salty environment of Houston, I can show you guns I had down there 40 years ago that are still like new without rust. It does eventually (decades) get sort of waxy, but sure seems to prevent rust.

Eezox is also supposed to be really good. I use it now. But, living east of the mountains we have low humidity and I keep my guns in temperature controlled areas anyway, so I can't vouch for it like I can Rig.

Cool and dry sitting on an open rack in a secure place. With a little bit of LSA (WWII-Korea era Light weapons oil) rubbed on them. I've had blued, Browned, and Stainless firearms stored this way for over 25 years no problems with rust.

YMMV

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads