JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
He said.
So if it's not going to be sealed at night and possibly a temp shelter then you can paint it and not have to worry about fumes for one thing and the point is to be able to keep everyone's sanity from the loss of your home and what you have left is a metal coffin. He also said in other posts about it being vented. :D

Just pointing out what was said. Also giving SKrueger some entertainment. :rolleyes::)

You are incorrect AKOperator47, that is NOT what Joe wrote. Joe13 wrote that it IS going to be sealed in at night. You even quoted him saying so here:
AKOperator47 posted that Joe13 wrote: This would be a quake temp shelter and not meant to be sealed in except at night.

See? Joe13 said "....EXCEPT at night" while you misrepresented what he actually wrote when you said: "...it's NOT going to be sealed at night". Also he didn't say it was "POSSIBLY a temp shelter", (as you misrepresented what he actually wrote), he said it "WOULD be a quake temp shelter". There is a big difference between your "possibly a" and Joe13's "would be".

First you copied and pasted his quote, then you misread, misquoted and misrepresented his very quote that you copied and pasted! (Reading comprehension is important). So contrary to what you misquoted, according to his ACTUAL quote, that means the container WOULD be sealed in at night (obviously for a temp shelter for sleeping at night while working on house quake damage/cleanup during the day). I don't believe anyone would want to smell and breathe into their lungs, noxious, harmful paint fumes from needlessly painting the walls (as you suggested Joe do), while sealed in at night in the container trying to sleep. You need to re-read his quote (that you copied and pasted) and then misread and then misquoted and misrepresented.

As if Joe13's above actual quote isn't enough, he also said in his original post:
Joe13 wrote: "Welding brackets on the inside doors so you could put a bar across it to keep it closed would be item 1 for me as well as making a way to convert it from locking it from the outside to quickly changing it to keep someone from being able to lock you inside."

Thus we FURTHER see that Joe13 was intending to be able to lock the container from the INSIDE, at night, so no one could lock him in it from the outside. Thus showing he intended to be inside his temp quake shelter at least at night for sleeping. Exactly as he said when he wrote that it wouldn't be sealed "Except at night".

I usually read, then re-read, and sometimes read a third time, anyone's post before I respond. To make sure I did not make a mistake (as you did) to make sure I am not mistaken in what they wrote. That's a good (reading comprehension) habit to get into. Then if I STILL make a mistake, I freely admit it rather than illogically and incorrectly trying to defend my mistake (as you did).

Just pointing out what the OP (Joe13) REALLY wrote, rather than what you misread, misquoted and misrepresented that he wrote. :rolleyes: :)

Last Edited:
It's all good fellas, I apreaciate all the different ideas.

Right now the wife wants to turn it into a garden shed so I have some uphill work before I can even think about it unfortunately - I'll just have to keep tossing in ideas and chipping away at her.

She knows me too well and a simple shtf shelter could turn into a nuclear fall out shelter with tunnels and rations for years if I'm not careful lol.

Here's an easy solution to that Joe, that would give her what she wants and you get to use the container for what you want. Buy her one of those pre-fab garden sheds. Relatively inexpensive and you can assemble and put it up in a day. Then you get to keep the stronger storage container for what you want to do with it. Everybody's happy. Your rationale for explaining it to her, would be that if the house and garden shed get destroyed by a quake, tornado or other disaster, that at least she HAD the garden shed for awhile and you will replace it later, but meanwhile in that situation, where the house and garden shed are destroyed and you both have much bigger and more immediate survival problems, your much stronger container that can withstand the disaster, instead of being used to house gardening tools, is necessary to sustain your family's lives, shelter, feed and protect them temporarily. Pretty hard to argue against that logical reasoning, especially since she would immediately get the garden shed she wants. ;)

Last Edited:
Have you actually met any women and/or had relationships with any? LOL! ;-)

Now that's funny right there!:D

My wife and I are 40/60 partners - I try to meet her halfway but 10% of the time a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do:p. It's a good thing she tolerates me;).

Course I haven't changed since we met at 17 so while she held out hope for awhile that I'd grow up, there has been only a minimal movement on my side. Still like my toys, my woman and food. Followed closely by 2 dozen hobbies in no particular order.

Life is good:cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top