JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So is there any case history to back up either of these claims? Where was someone sent to jail for using hand loads or a modified trigger when they should have been set free. Either way, your own defense should be competent enough to dismiss either of these arguments, and if they are not they should be dismissed and better legal counsel sought.

It does beg the question, what about night sights? Clearly you have no other reason too shoot in the dark, other then to kill someone? And all those hour you spent in the woods or at a range perfecting your deadly skills? God forbid you have any professional training, I mean, that pretty much makes you into an assassin!! See, I can play "what if" too. :D

Some gun writer years ago (can't remember who) claimed he knew of a civil court case where a judgment was handed down for use of handloads.. IMO that's not a reason not to use them if you can make them reliable and effective. Any civil case is a field of landmines and many juries today are packed with ignoramuses and/or imbeciles. I can see it both ways but personally I use both factory and handloads and I don't worry

Now what you should have done,there diesel boy,instead of argueing,is taken it with a grain of salt and taken it for what it was worth.
A fellow gun owner stating what he had read about how a liberal jury MAY rule against you if you decide to use your own loads.And decide for yourself if you care.

Again,why does everyone have to try to start a fight on here? Is this a junior high site?

I am not arguing or trying to start a fight, just asking a few questions and stating my opinion like everyone else. What I don't like is nonfactual information and internet rumor. Nothing better then to base a choice, a choice that your life could depend on, because someone's cousin's bother who once talked with this veterinarian who new a guy's Dad who's brothers dog trainer ended up in jail because he may have used handloads.

I am not arguing or trying to start a fight, just asking a few questions and stating my opinion like everyone else. What I don't like is nonfactual information and internet rumor. Nothing better then to base a choice, a choice that your life could depend on, because someone's cousin's bother who once talked with this veterinarian who new a guy's Dad who's brothers dog trainer ended up in jail because he may have used handloads.

That's the story I was talking about.Amazing.

So is there any case history to back up either of these claims? Where was someone sent to jail for using hand loads or a modified trigger when they should have been set free. Either way, your own defense should be competent enough to dismiss either of these arguments, and if they are not they should be dismissed and better legal counsel sought.

It does beg the question, what about night sights? Clearly you have no other reason too shoot in the dark, other then to kill someone? And all those hour you spent in the woods or at a range perfecting your deadly skills? God forbid you have any professional training, I mean, that pretty much makes you into an assassin!! See, I can play "what if" too. :D

The only one that comes to mind readily was in superior court, Orange County, CA summer '02. Yes, I used to spend a lot of time in the gallery. Once the statements are out there they are hard to make go away, no matter how dismissive the defence is. Spend some actual time in court, it's an eye opener for most. Better yet spend some time in state legislature committee hearings, amazing the time wasted.
both are open to the public, and with a little research you can find some pretty interesting hearings and procedings.

It seems to mefrom what I have seen, heard, been told by various non internet sources, If you should happen to shoot some one, for any reason, keep your mouth shut, make no statements, off hand or otherwise to anyone other than your lawyer, your lawyer will tell you what to say and when to say it.

Melvin Belli (famous lawyer, for those of you who don't know) once said something to the effect "walk into a room full of witnesses shoot some one dead, I can probably get you off if you keep your mouth shut"

Most fellows incarcerated put themselves there, just had to try and explain, justify or brag about what they did to some one.

It seems to mefrom what I have seen, heard, been told by various non internet sources, If you should happen to shoot some one, for any reason, keep your mouth shut, make no statements, off hand or otherwise to anyone other than your lawyer, your lawyer will tell you what to say and when to say it.

Some of the best advice in this thread yet.

The only one that comes to mind readily was in superior court, Orange County, CA summer '02. Yes, I used to spend a lot of time in the gallery. Once the statements are out there they are hard to make go away, no matter how dismissive the defence is. Spend some actual time in court, it's an eye opener for most. Better yet spend some time in state legislature committee hearings, amazing the time wasted.
both are open to the public, and with a little research you can find some pretty interesting hearings and procedings.

Melvin Belli (famous lawyer, for those of you who don't know) once said something to the effect "walk into a room full of witnesses shoot some one dead, I can probably get you off if you keep your mouth shut"

Most fellows incarcerated put themselves there, just had to try and explain, justify or brag about what they did to some one.

This is good advice

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads