Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stopping power - unusual conclusions

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by PaulB47, Jun 15, 2016.

1. PaulB47

PaulB47 Hillsboro Well-Known Member

Ura-Ki and AndyinEverson like this.
  2. Pops1911

Pops1911 Cinebar/Issaquah Well-Known Member

Yep. 9mm, 40S&W, 45acp all practically the same in "stopping power". Still love my .45acp best. LOL

Ura-Ki, AndyinEverson and nammac like this.
  3. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson Everson, Wa. Well-Known Member

You need to shoot with what you can hit with.
    A proper expanding bullet in the calibers of .38 special , .9mm , .40S&W , .357 magnum , .45acp et al will do all the stopping you need if you can hit with it.
    There really is no magic bullet or formula , practice with a gun you can hit with and feed it with a reliable cartridge.
    That being said I like the .45acp out of my Series 70 Government Model ' cause I can hit with it.
    Andy

Ura-Ki, Pops1911 and mjbskwim like this.
  4. OutlawHoss

OutlawHoss Klamath-Siskyou Well-Known Member

I think with the above understandings, it's as important in choosing a handgun or recommending one to consider ergonomics, overall handle-ability and ease of use for the individual in order to achieve proficiency and confidence. There are so many options in size and configuration available now, that someone can stop over thinking caliber and find the style that works for the person; even aesthetics can be accommodated in one's choice, which I think influences people as much as anything

5. H2O MAN

H2O MAN Georgia - USA Well-Known Member

Yep, I have both .22WMR & 9mm plus .45 ACP, and I can place my shots with all 3