JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Very interesting discussion. Bear arms doesn't just mean owning arms but also the right to hold, display, use and procure others. The wording by the founding fathers makes me proud and sometimes gives me goosebumps.
The entire USSC and BoR is a work of art. The foresight and vision never ceases to amaze me, especially with the compromises made in order to get the states to form a union.

What does the term "arms" mean?

What is the reason for the Second? Hint: It's not hunting. It's the defense of yourself, your loved ones, your countrymen, and your country,

The act of hunting is a separate concern and not an expressly enumerated right.
BUT, But, but......this is what I was thought in school.
Its-all-about-Deer-Hunting.jpg

And, the NEA and the teacher union(s) are never wrong. Consider : CRT, Use of pronouns, Sexual acceptance for everyone and everything, Communist Rule in/for Amerika, How to balance a budget, 1+2= whatever you want it to be (as long as you tried), Riots = Social Justice, Police = Racists, etc.....

The Standard Disclaimer applies.

Aloha, Mark

BUT, But, but......this is what I was thought in school.
View attachment 1083258

And, the NEA and the teacher union(s) are never wrong. Consider : CRT, Use of pronouns, Sexual acceptance for everyone and everything, Communist Rule in/for Amerika, How to balance a budget, 1+2= whatever you want it to be (as long as you tried), etc.....

Aloha, Mark
NO.
At least that is not done at the school where I am the Dean at.

Please quit with broad paint brush / one size fits none / blanket statements.
Since they are not true of every school or every educator.
Andy

NO.
At least that is not done at the school where I am the Dean at.

Please quit with broad paint brush / one size fits none / blanket statements.
Since they are not true of every school or every educator.
Andy
Please note :

The Standard Disclaimer Applies.

So.....I apologize since I was too slow to include it (in the initial posting).

Aloha, Mark

PS.....maybe it's just that some people need to be reminded constantly? Personally, I believe/find that conversations can flow better/faster without the interruption.

Standard Disclaimer

I know (and everyone else probably knows) and don't need to be schooled about how "generalities assigned to groups" may not ALWAYS reflect the TRUE NATURE of an INDIVIDUAL even though they belong to that group. Duh....

Last Edited:
I think a lot of times we confuse liberalism with leftism.

I am a liberal, but I am also NOT a leftist. Don't panic and think I'm a CRT pushing commie until you read below...

I think many of us are classical liberals without really understanding what that term means:

"Classical liberalism is a political ideology and a branch of liberalism that advocates free market, civil liberties under the rule of law with an emphasis on limited government, economic freedom, political freedom, and cultural liberalism."​

Note that Liberalism is not exclusive to the concepts of US Conservatism*:

"Conservatism in the United States is a political and social philosophy which characteristically prioritizes American traditions, republicanism, and limited federal governmental power in relation to the states, referred to more simply as limited government and states' rights."​

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_liberalism, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conservatism_in_the_United_States

Neo liberalism, that's a whole nuther thing...

* republicanism in this context refers to our form of government and not the GOP.

THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you.......

I've changed my "signature". To plainly state The Standard Disclaimer for all future readers.

Will it work?

Whatever. It's there.

Aloha, Mark

The entire USSC and BoR is a work of art. The foresight and vision never ceases to amaze me, especially with the compromises made in order to get the states to form a union.
I agree! But also it is written proof of a MIRACLE. That people could come together and plan such a Republic and work among themselves to come to an agreement.

Ratification would never have happened w/o the publication of The Federalist Papers IMO. Which should be reqired reading for every High Screwl student. Glenn Beck published a version that is easier to read as it does away with the flowery language used in those times. (The 2A is an example of how they liked to construct sentences.)

Read the federalist papers.

Self defense is an unalienable right. It's a necessity to stay alive.

Hunting is a privilege. If it were a aright your would not have to get a license, purchase a tag, observe bow vs rifle season, etc..

If the Governor told you tomorrow no more hunting you are done. Nothing in the Constitution would change that.

If the Governor told you tomorrow you had a duty to let armed criminals kill you without defending yourself it would be unconstitutional and you woud not have to obey.
Read the Second Amendment! There is no prohibition, exemption or even a mention of hunting and your saying that a governor could ban hunting is irrelevant' It does not stop my right to keep and bear a hunting rifle anymore than that governor's saying I can't use my gun for self defense. There are already limitations on when you can hunt, they're called seasons but none of that says I cannot keep and bear a hunting gun.

Last Edited:
What's the difference between a scoped CF magazine fed hunting rifle and a sniper rifle?

e.g. What is a Mk X commercial M98 with a ranging reticle?

M98 Sniper rifle from WW2
th?id=OIP.jpg

Mk X Commercial M98
th?id=OIP.jpg

The main difference is in the better optics available today. The guns aren't much different.

What's the difference between a scoped CF magazine fed hunting rifle and a sniper rifle?

e.g. What is a Mk X commercial M98 with a ranging reticle?

M98 Sniper rifle from WW2
View attachment 1083949

Mk X Commercial M98
View attachment 1083950

The main difference is in the better optics available today. The guns aren't much different.
The only difference between a hunting rifle and a sniper rifle is your target.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top