JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Who is this gun lobby of firearms manufacturers? Seriously what's the name of it and what is their budget?

I may be wrong but what I assume he meant is that most gun owners aren't doing anything to make their voices heard except donating to organizations. Some of those organizations are more concerned about profits than protecting our rights. Also many of them do not have the resolve to firmly stand their ground on the protection of said rights. Sadly we end up with compromises that erode our rights to satiate the masses.

I may be wrong but what I assume he meant is that most gun owners aren't doing anything to make their voices heard except donating to organizations. Some of those organizations are more concerned about profits than protecting our rights. Also many of them do not have the resolve to firmly stand their ground on the protection of said rights. Sadly we end up with compromises that erode our rights to satiate the masses.
I took "Sales volume" to mean manufacturers. Maybe I'm making an assumption too.

That video is SPOT ON, and unfortunately this thread is a bit of a reenactment of it!!!

I want to go on record as welcoming all gun owners to the next Oregon rally regardless of how they dress, what or if they carry, whether or not they talk about Jesus, or what it is that makes them part of the firearms community. My hope is simply that 10,000 people will actually show up to stand for their rights just like Virginians did!

That video is SPOT ON, and unfortunately this thread is a bit of a reenactment of it!!!

I want to go on record as welcoming all gun owners to the next Oregon rally regardless of how they dress, what or if they carry, whether or not they talk about Jesus, or what it is that makes them part of the firearms community. My hope is simply that 10,000 people will actually show up to stand for their rights just like Virginians did!

As I said when I started the thread the in-fighting can be viewed here daily.

It would be pretty difficult for the media and Congress to ignore 10k freedom loving Oregonians in solidarity over our 2A preservation. Let's get this ball rolling. Are we all so busy in our lives we couldn't spend several hours at a rally for our rights? I don't know how many members strong NWFA is but I think we could put a solid dent in that 10k.

Here's an idea: plan the next Oregon rally for a federal holiday! It shouldn't be necessary, but it can't hurt.

In fact, MLK Day is an annual political gathering on the capitol steps in Virginia so it's already on the radar of those In the state who are politically active. That certainly helped their case, and we can learn something from it.

And, I hear the turnout in Virginia actually reached 22,000!

Those who are opposed to open carry at rallies often mention other gear and dress in their comments. I wonder if it is really the open carry that bothers them or the camo/tactical gear look that bothers them? We could always have a Black Tie open carry rally or a costume rally:rolleyes:

Yes.. It is the camo/tactical gear. It is often derided as silly and akin to LARPing (not to be taken seriously) by the casual observer.

Would a person dress for a job interview or attend church in a load bearing vest? ABUs/BDUs et al. are simply that.. Battle uniforms intended for those preparing for actual battle.

Hueco makes some very sane points ITT -- about winning hearts and minds. The legislative war will be won by numbers, not by who looks the most stylish for war.

Gun owners are gun owners worst nightmare.

they will tear each other apart from inside. It is truly disgusting.

Like chickens pecking on the wounded thinking only the strongest should survive. Yet I say lift up the strongest, carry them until they can carry themselves and you will have won a brother who will walk side by side with you lifting up more people than you ever imagined.

Yes.. It is the camo/tactical gear. It is often derided as silly and akin to LARPing (not to be taken seriously) by the casual observer.

Would a person dress for a job interview or attend church in a load bearing vest? ABUs/BDUs et al. are simply that.. Battle uniforms intended for those preparing for actual battle.

Hueco makes some very sane points ITT -- about winning hearts and minds. The legislative war will be won by numbers, not by who looks the most stylish for war.
Come one, come all, I say, to those who support the 2A:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads