JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My opinion, and just a grossly uneducated opinion at that :p
Maybe its a generational thing?
Let us look at it this way
Where do the most ardent, leftist, anti-2A hunters and "sportsmen" gun owners fall?

Where do the least politically active gun owners fall?

Where do the most politically active pro-2A fall?

Who is doing the buying of all things tactical and AR15s?

How often as a gun show vendor, are you seeing wood and blued steel guns sold to people other than 40+ year old men?

Who are the ones showing up the most at 2A rallies?

Daresay that after this decadeish, we may see the pendulum swing back to liberty and justice for all?

As a note; the Boomers are entering their 70s, the Gen Xs are the new boomers, the Millennials(formerly Gen Y) are the current crop of adults of age to serve politically (30s-40s), and the "Zennials"/post-millennials are the new crop of voters coming of age.. it seems to me that the group buying most of the AR15s and accessories in recent years are solidly in the Millennial group with some post-Millenials, and very few Gen Xers, perhaps as a result of video games such as Rainbow 6, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and the like... perhaps as a result of the GWOT (2001-current) with all the small wars like Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria... perhaps because of the trend to rebel against parents/grandparents?

Thanks to those who attended. I am saving my days off for Oregon rallies when the time comes. I know it will, unfortunately. I still am hoping to hear some names floating around to replace the current gun grabbers in office. While we are all together is the time to acknowledge and support those that are interested in seeking office.

Thanks to those who attended. I am saving my days off for Oregon rallies when the time comes. I know it will, unfortunately. I still am hoping to hear some names floating around to replace the current gun grabbers in office. While we are all together is the time to acknowledge and support those that are interested in seeking office.
I share your sentiments. Regardless of what districts we live in, we should help elect those who will stand up for our rights in Salem. Retiring Sen. Roblan would be a good place to start. Hopefully a solid 2A candidate runs against him.

My opinion, and just a grossly uneducated opinion at that :p
Maybe its a generational thing?
Let us look at it this way
Where do the most ardent, leftist, anti-2A hunters and "sportsmen" gun owners fall?

Where do the least politically active gun owners fall?

Where do the most politically active pro-2A fall?

Who is doing the buying of all things tactical and AR15s?

How often as a gun show vendor, are you seeing wood and blued steel guns sold to people other than 40+ year old men?

Who are the ones showing up the most at 2A rallies?

Daresay that after this decadeish, we may see the pendulum swing back to liberty and justice for all?

As a note; the Boomers are entering their 70s, the Gen Xs are the new boomers, the Millennials(formerly Gen Y) are the current crop of adults of age to serve politically (30s-40s), and the "Zennials"/post-millennials are the new crop of voters coming of age.. it seems to me that the group buying most of the AR15s and accessories in recent years are solidly in the Millennial group with some post-Millenials, and very few Gen Xers, perhaps as a result of video games such as Rainbow 6, Call of Duty, Modern Warfare and the like... perhaps as a result of the GWOT (2001-current) with all the small wars like Iraq, Afghanistan and Syria... perhaps because of the trend to rebel against parents/grandparents?
Thanks for you post man. There is another thread that was started a few days ago at another site I frequent. The consensus there is some of these guys (lets call them mag dumpers), are really not what we want to call "2A supporters". Some guys get it, some don't. I'm talking about these guys that haul trash (tv's refrigerators, old couches etc..) out into the woods and shoot it up and leave it. We've all seen it and had to clean it up. They could care less for our beloved 2A rights or who is going to have to defend them, now or when this country is really turned upside down. It is a "generational" thing for sure..

Thanks for you post man. There is another thread that was started a few days ago at another site I frequent. The consensus there is some of these guys (lets call them mag dumpers), are really not what we want to call "2A supporters". Some guys get it, some don't. I'm talking about these guys that haul trash (tv's refrigerators, old couches etc..) out into the woods and shoot it up and leave it. We've all seen it and had to clean it up. They could care less for our beloved 2A rights or who is going to have to defend them, now or when this country is really turned upside down. It is a "generational" thing for sure..

I think this is a huge part of the issue. These "mag dumpers" enjoy these rights and take them for granted but don't want to put in the footwork to guarantee them for the future. Many of these MDs have a "who-cares, I'll do what I want" attitude and unlike those on the anti side it doesn't help but rather hinder our cause.

I'm firmly in the millenial generation and most of those who I associate with think like I do in regards to protecting and preserving our rights. So where is the disconnect? They buy the same guns and enjoy the same things socially. A wakeup call is needed for what should be the most active political generation; how can they possibly be bothered with something that doesn't affect them in the next 5 minutes?

If a group of women were protesting to be able to have exposed breasts in public, I would expect many of them to expose their breast in public during a protest. I wouldn't discourage them from doing so either.

Neither would I. However......

It would be a poor choice for those women protesters to go onto church property with breasts exposed. It's a poor decision to go to the capitol grounds with guns exposed.

Everything else in this thread, what I read of it anyway, looks like same old same old.

YMMV

On a macro level this all stems from our people's inability to just leave each other the hell alone. Our society could be free and beautiful; instead so many seek to use the state as an instrument of coercion to carry out their view of how things should be. Why not everyone just let others live they way they wish? With that principal, so much of this political noise would go away.

On a macro level this all stems from our people's inability to just leave each other the hell alone. Our society could be free and beautiful; instead so many seek to use the state as an instrument of coercion to carry out their view of how things should be. Why not everyone just let others live they way they wish? With that principal, so much of this political noise would go away.
Exactly. Just leave me alone. Stop trying to fix things that aren't broken. :s0117:

It sounds like you may not be in favor of open carry of rifles in public in general. That would make your position much easier to understand. But if you feel that open carry of rifles is acceptable elsewhere in a public setting then it is difficult for me understand why it would not be appropriate it at a rally that is focused on protecting those said rifles and the right to open carry them. Oregon is an open carry State for now (for the most part) but they will be coming after that soon, starting with a break up of preemption laws.
I think of course we absolutely have the right to open carry our rifles in public, but as far as the image it creates to those ignorant of all the issues I don't think it does anything to further our cause, that's all really. Open carrying a rifle vs handguns will not be seen the same. I don't open carry a handgun because I generally don't want people knowing I'm armed, but I like it when I see someone doing it (not often) for the same reason you said, people need to get used to it, and carrying a handgun in public makes sense. But where I'm at I think seeing a handgun is shocking enough, tbh, for most people. If someone feels the need to carry their rifle in public I'm not saying they shouldn't.

My main point was many people don't understand the 2A situation for what it really is, and depending on the optic given by the media, at this point in time I see a high chance that fence sitters will see thousands of open-carrying rally goers as extreme, and we should consider that image. If a peaceful long-term resolution is still an option, it will be through winning hearts and minds of the people.

I LOVE the idea of people dressing up in their very best to attend the rally. If that was the plan, and we looked really good, I think my opinion on open carrying there would be changed, I think I would want people to. Pretty much all about image.

On the other hand I should say that it may be too late for any of that to matter anyway, we are at a fairly advanced state in the game, unfortunately.

I need to think a bit more about this, but I gotta go take care of some things atm.

How can we save our rights if we can't even agree on what those rights should protect.

I'm extremely clear on my rights.
What most people on this forum seem have done is allow the firearms lobby to speak for them. No extreme is too extreme, because, after all sales volume is all that matter.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top