JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This video rings pretty true. You can see examples of our in-fighting on here daily. How can we save our rights if we can't even agree on what those rights should protect. A unified left knows what they want to take from us so where do we all draw the line in the sand?

Even if you don't agree with the NRA this guy is spot on. Thank you Mr. Colion Noir

Sadly this seems to be impossible. It would be fantastic if gun owners would unite but it seems to be like herding cats. Every election many gun owners become their own worst enemies. It is in large part how we get in the mess we are in.

There has to be some sort of wake up call. Look at Virginia. I just read an article the the governor is now treating a huge gun rights rally as a state of emergency; banning firearms from the capital and bringing in all sorts of police reinforcements to protect the lawmakers from civil unrest. If he needs protection from the statistically most law abiding group maybe there is a problem.

I'm not calling for war or violence but how can we become unified on at least this one front. No more regulation or compromises where we lose rights.

Colion nailed it as usual. The common denominator is Shall not be infringed. They will not stop until they've infringed on all of us. People can wake up and see this. More and more people are catching on to the bias in news, hollywood and education. They can catch on to this too. There is still hope.

And the march in Virginia is going to be peaceful with or without the help of the governor. It was never going to be violent. They never are. This isn't Lexington and Concord. It's just a stupid law that, if passed, will be unenforceable.

You would think it would be a lot easier to agree on keeping something rather then taking something away. But that hasn't been the case around the country or around the world when it comes to gun rights.

Video would have been a zillion times better if Colion had played all the parts, a-la The Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy).

Outside of that, there's a thread on here about Virginia where my point is in the minority: namely, that the AR slingin' attendees should be leaving them at home anyway.

Then there's another thread on here about a meeting in Washington where many on this board are asking others to please leave the rifles at home.

I cannot repeat this enough: who was more successful during the civil rights 60's - the black panthers or MLK and crew? How's BLM faring these days after having a violent streak?

Our mission, should you choose to effing accept it, is to grow the gun community! It's not to be obstinate in front of politicians. It's not to show off the size of your big brass balls. It's not to parade down the streets with your "come get some" attitude.

We, the gun owning crowd and 2A supporters, are a minority! So start thinking like one.

The only way 2A survives long term is to grow the gun community, else you'll see a challenge to it non unlike prohibition within your lifetime.

How do you grow the gun community? I can tell you this, the answer is not going to a rally suited up for WW3; not going with a rifle at all. You need to convince your suburban mom whose more likely to join Mom's Demand Action by default that your perspective is not that bat-sh!t crazy one.

I'm getting sick of saying this. We have a marketing/PR problem.

Can we at least get on the same page about the point of rallies and protests and assemblies?

Video would have been a zillion times better if Colion had played all the parts, a-la The Nutty Professor (Eddie Murphy).

Outside of that, there's a thread on here about Virginia where my point is in the minority: namely, that the AR slingin' attendees should be leaving them at home anyway.

Then there's another thread on here about a meeting in Washington where many on this board are asking others to please leave the rifles at home.

I cannot repeat this enough: who was more successful during the civil rights 60's - the black panthers or MLK and crew? How's BLM faring these days after having a violent streak?

Our mission, should you choose to effing accept it, is to grow the gun community! It's not to be obstinate in front of politicians. It's not to show off the size of your big brass balls. It's not to parade down the streets with your "come get some" attitude.

We, the gun owning crowd and 2A supporters, are a minority! So start thinking like one.

The only way 2A survives long term is to grow the gun community, else you'll see a challenge to it non unlike prohibition within your lifetime.

How do you grow the gun community? I can tell you this, the answer is not going to a rally suited up for WW3; not going with a rifle at all. You need to convince your suburban mom whose more likely to join Mom's Demand Action by default that your perspective is not that bat-sh!t crazy one.

Can we at least get on the same page about the point of rallies and protests and assemblies?
Probably not because many of these gun toters are protesting for their right to openly gun tote.

If a group of women were protesting to be able to have exposed breasts in public, I would expect many of them to expose their breast in public during a protest. I wouldn't discourage them from doing so either.

Now if you are a gun owner who doesn't favor open carry rights, I can see your point. But if you are a gun owner who believes in open carry rights then I am confused.

I can agree that a horde of militant-looking gunslingers may be a bit much for the general public to handle, but how do you grow the gun community without exposing people to the very guns you seek to protect.
E.g. my mother has never really been around guns; she knows I have them and carry them but it doesn't stop her from gasping and making the "that looks like you should be in a warzone" comment every time an AR gets brought out around her.

It also doesn't seem like politicians even care what the people think anymore. They talk out of both sides of their mouths and pass whatever they think will give them the most political virtue points.

Also didn't he play all the people here (nutty professor)?

I will add to my previous comment that those who will not attend or bring your families to pro 2A rallies because some attendees are open carrying rifles are aiding the gun grabbers. It adds to the perception that open carry is dangerous and should not be acceptable in a public setting.

Gun rallies are safe folks, even if attendees open carry.

Look at how many rallies where open carry was not present turned violent including BLM rallies (Many). Compare that to gun toting open carry rallies that turned violent (Very few).

It's about the people who are protesting not whether they are open carrying or not.

Probably not because many of these gun toters are protesting for their right to openly gun tote.

If a group of women were protesting to be able to have exposed breasts in public, I would expect many of them to expose their breast in public during a protest. I wouldn't discourage them from doing so either.

Now if you are a gun owner who doesn't favor open carry rights, I can see your point. But if you are a gun owner who believes in open carry rights then I am confused.
Dude, I'm from the southwest. Grab your holster and don't forget the bandolier.

Here's why I find Virginia such a pissoff. The original intent was to oppose proposed legislation around guns. It has nothing to do with open carry rights (or very little). The government declared a state of emergency to force people to leave guns at home.

Guns and open carry are only now a topic due the state of emergency...Anyone hung up on it is missing the plot. Once again, the point is to oppose currently proposed legislation and to win people to the pro-2A side!

Getting all hot and bothered about open carry is really, really, missing the point. As of tonight, the FBI has already made arrests of "neo-nazis" (quotes used because I cannot confirm this data. It could be true!).

Read that again as...ahead of the protest, the FBI has arrested far right Neo nazi extremists who planned on taking guns to the protest. How do you think that makes Joe average American Schmoe feel, let alone his suburban housewife?

I can agree that a horde of militant-looking gunslingers may be a bit much for the general public to handle, but how do you grow the gun community without exposing people to the very guns you seek to protect.
E.g. my mother has never really been around guns; she knows I have them and carry them but it doesn't stop her from gasping and making the "that looks like you should be in a warzone" comment every time an AR gets brought out around her.

It also doesn't seem like politicians even care what the people think anymore. They talk out of both sides of their mouths and pass whatever they think will give them the most political virtue points.

Also didn't he play all the people here (nutty professor)?

I listened to it without watching. Sounded like he could have been a few of them...but that Hunter's persona threw me if it was him.

Politicians don't care about anything - only reelection. Unfortunately, if the Republican base gravitates to not caring about 2A...you can guess what happens.

But, we're at a critical juncture in American politics. The far far left has gained enough steam to start to fracture off the traditional Democratic Party. At this point, everyone needs to start thinking about how to get the traditional Democrats back into the Blue-Dog Democratic fold and to let the far left Dems hang themselves into nonexistence. A good start is expanding single issue voter bases...convincing Democrats that 2A matters.

My mom is deathly afraid of guns. Refuses to shoot them. Yet she'll vote for the right to bear them every time because she understands why her dad had them, why her husband has them, and why her son has them. It doesn't matter that she's scared of them - that's her issue to address. She understands the need for the right, and that's all that matters.

It's time the gun community realizes that this type of person exists and will, by a large margin, be a good majority of the Blue Dogs that come to our side. Not everyone has to love guns; everyone should love the right.

I will add to my previous comment that those who will not attend or bring your families to pro 2A rallies because some attendees are open carrying rifles are aiding the gun grabbers. It adds to the perception that open carry is dangerous and should not be acceptable in a public setting.

Gun rallies are safe folks, even if attendees open carry.

Look at how many rallies where open carry was not present turned violent including BLM rallies (Many). Compare that to gun toting open carry rallies that turned violent (Very few).

It's about the people who are protesting not whether they are open carrying or not.
Honestly, it's also about LE's role in things. Too many times, in Portland, has LE been forced to stand down when they should have taken action.

Statistically, CHL holders are the most law abiding citizens in the country. Still, we don't make that fact known by parading down the street in BDU's.

I said in another thread that I think the single most compelling thing we could do is to show up at a rally, carrying either open or concealed, wearing your work attire. Show the world that suit and tie businessman own guns, plumbers, mechanics, day laborers, home-makers, etc. all own and support 2A. Show them that, though we may be a minority overall, the type of person we are is massive...we are everyone.

Yea that idea got shot down on this forum. Oh well.

Those who are opposed to open carry at rallies often mention other gear and dress in their comments. I wonder if it is really the open carry that bothers them or the camo/tactical gear look that bothers them? We could always have a Black Tie open carry rally or a costume rally:rolleyes:

Sorry, but the NRA has and will continue to compromise our 2nd amendment rights away. Serial numbers on all transferred firearms, machine gun manufacture ban, must buy a firearms through an FFL to buy across state lines. ALL were endorsed by the NRA because "we have to do something". The NRA will allow any "common sense" gun law out there, as long as they see profit in it for the NRA.

Those who are opposed to open carry at rallies often mention other gear and dress in their comments. I wonder if it is really the open carry that bothers them or the camo/tactical gear look that bothers them? We could always have a Black Tie open carry rally or a costume rally:rolleyes:
See my post above. We missed out on each other's comments by posting within minutes.

You're right - it's not open carry that bothers me - it's open carrying rifles and wearing BDU's. I think there is a very compelling argument for open carrying in work attire.

Honestly, it's also about LE's role in things. Too many times, in Portland, has LE been forced to stand down when they should have taken action.

Statistically, CHL holders are the most law abiding citizens in the country. Still, we don't make that fact known by parading down the street in BDU's.

I said in another thread that I think the single most compelling thing we could do is to show up at a rally, carrying either open or concealed, wearing your work attire. Show the world that suit and tie businessman own guns, plumbers, mechanics, day laborers, home-makers, etc. all own and support 2A. Show them that, though we may be a minority overall, the type of person we are is massive...we are everyone.

Yea that idea got shot down on this forum. Oh well.
"Show the world that suit and tie businessman own guns, plumbers, mechanics, day laborers, home-makers, etc. all own and support 2A. Show them that, though we may be a minority overall, they type of person we are is massive...we are everyone."

I agree with this part.

Rallies are great but the magic happens at the polls. If we keep voting in gun grabbers and gun grabbing ballot measures, all the rallies in the world won't save us. (We should have them if well attended)

How are fence sitters swayed to vote for these politicians and ballot measures?Legislator influence, MSM attention, Editorial write-ups, Interest groups, Corporate support, TV ads, radio spots, yard signs, mailers, clergy recommendations, etc?
Who knows but our side is rarely represented well in these areas.

We can sit around and blame Bloomberg's money and that may very well be a major component of the antis support or do something else. We evidently don't have a Bloomberg type on our side so we will have to find another way. We have weeks to months to change minds not years or decades. Or we can just say efff it, we have the 2A and that is all we need. When Johnny Law shows up, hand him a copy of the 2A, while you say here's my get out of jail free card so step off.

I would like to think that there are greater problems we could be focusing on but since the gun grabbers are making it an issue we have little choice but to respond.

"Show the world that suit and tie businessman own guns, plumbers, mechanics, day laborers, home-makers, etc. all own and support 2A. Show them that, though we may be a minority overall, they type of person we are is massive...we are everyone."

I agree with this part.

Rallies are great but the magic happens at the polls. If we keep voting in gun grabbers and gun grabbing ballot measures, all the rallies in the world won't save us. (We should have them if well attended)
Well, I'm glad we agree on more than a few things

How are fence sitters swayed to vote for these politicians and ballot measures?Legislator influence, MSM attention, Editorial write-ups, Interest groups, Corporate support, TV ads, radio spots, yard signs, mailers, clergy recommendations, etc?
Who knows but our side is rarely represented well in these areas.

In local elections, the fact is most people don't vote: problem 1. Problem 2 is that most people take their national preference down to the local level, i.e. if they vote D nationally, they simply vote D locally and vice-versa.

Both parties have negatively affected this, ensuring that the presidential race becomes the most important. It was never meant to be - local politics first was the founding idea. I'm not actually sure how we go about getting back to this at a practical level.

We can sit around and blame Bloomberg's money and that may very well be a major component of the antis support or do something else. We evidently don't have a Bloomberg type on our side so we will have to find another way. We have weeks to months to change minds not years or decades. Or we can just say efff it, we have the 2A and that is all we need. When Johnny Law shows up, hand him a copy of the 2A, while you say here's my get out of jail free card so step off.

I would like to think that there are greater problems we could be focusing on but since the gun grabbers are making it an issue we have little choice but to respond.

I was in JROTC planning a quick jump to the Air Force Academy until life decided it had other plans. We all qualified on the in-school air-rifle range and there was the option of participating on a team that competed in PT, a portion of which was a .22LR exercise. Those were my first experiences with firearms.

My sister's were when I took her to the range, many years later. I got my mom to shoot once. I've since made it a habit to take every person close to me shooting at least once. Gun owners know many non-gun owners. Honestly, it's up to them to change perceptions within their group of friends. Rebuilding the American persona of the 18th century will be a grassroots effort...I fear that we're failing...but I'm still trying.

If you've been paying attention to universities lately, you'll realize that the first amendment is under attack as well. Fortunately, there is a backlash against the current far left leanings with a crop of students who are more conservative. But, they're still a few years out from voting and I'd like for their rights to be there when they come of age.

So...that means it's up to us (and as an older millennial, it may be more up to me more than others to take out the younger millennials and gen-z'ers to go realize their rights)...but, again, it's up to all of us to affect our entire local bubble.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top