JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is the off topic section and from reading her story I though this was bs.I got hooked up to this through Reason Magazine,a very good Libertarian publication.I feel that we all make mistakes when we're young and she has paid for her mistake.Since then she has not been involved in any other trouble.My feeling is that these are the kind of people we want coming to this country.She has graduated from college and is gainfully employed.

Your first mistake is you "feel", no where in the law does your feelings matter, in fact they don't. Reality is she committed a felony, she hasn't done the "time" she was probated, it was also discovered that she was not a citizen, something the officer who arrested her probably didn't know. This is not about you or your feelings, this is about a criminal.
I wasn't aware that I was on a site mostly inhabited by saints,who had never done anything stupid in their youth.My mistake.

This is so much BS I can't believe you posted it. You started this post, no one has said they haven't done anything wrong. For a reference if I do a felony I do the time and get deported to my country, hey I am a US citizen so I get to stay.

Perhaps you should post "your feelings" to a better site than this as we are "saints" who could give a crap.

Jim

She wasn't a citizen, she should of been booted out when they first caught her. Probation my ***, ship her back to Cambodia.

There is a process in place to become a legal resident. Her parents had 18 years to do it, she had another 12 and it still wasn't done. Now she wants us to help her? GTFO.

Dump This Person Off the Continent. As a Dyed in The Wool Libertarian, I say if You are not legal...get the bubblegum out. Criminal Illegals, even more so. Why should we have to support criminals when we can't even support ourselves. Cold, You Bet. Just..heck yeah...So Long...Don't let the killing fields hit you in the back side...

To summarize: Story about an alien with "legal permanent resident" status is being deported because ICE has decided she meets criteria for removal from the U.S. She's not in any way tied to firearms, has never carried that we're aware, and 2nd Amendment applies not at all. None of us are sleeping with her, and all of us know that ICE is full of dummies that make the U.S. Marshalls look good.

Leave posting this tripe on your Oprah forum, Lyle. Most people here aren't saints, but there's nothing at all in that article that indicates anything we should care one iota about in terms of the topic this forum was built.

She wasn't a citizen, she should of been booted out when they first caught her. Probation my ***, ship her back to Cambodia.

There is a process in place to become a legal resident. Her parents had 18 years to do it, she had another 12 and it still wasn't done. Now she wants us to help her? GTFO.

Please keep in mind that being a citizen (I assume you mean US citizen) and being a legal resident are not the same. US citizens are legal residents, but I'm a legal permanent resident while not being a US citizen.

That said, I don't understand why she nor her parents ever took the steps to make her a citizen. The naturalization process takes time, also before you are eligible (in my situation I need to wait another 4 years or so to become eligible), but she could have applied the day she was 18, and otherwise her parents could've applied for her before her 18th. Maybe it's a money thing?

There was a post on the first page that stated the parents didn't do it to keep ties with Cambodia. I didn't get that from the article, but one doesn't need to avoid citizenship to honor one's heritage. Me and my wife will always have some sort of connection to our homelands, no matter how long we'll live here and how American we are or have become. My son is born here, but has 3 nationalities. Even without those, we'd still try to get him to know a little about the places we're from and (hopefully) understand and speak our native languages a bit too. Nevertheless, he's American, and I will be American, that's how I see it. I think she regrets for not having seen that earlier.

They should have, look how it turned out for the natives

2zjmbgw.jpg

They should have, look how it turned out for the natives. I think there's a lesson we can learn there.

They should have killed the pilgrims instead of feeding them.
I just watched a show how the Spanish managed to conquer the native population in South America. It was mostly due to certain tribes joining the Spaniards because they hated the dominant Incas.

Do you think another country drag its feet in tossing one of us out?

Sure they would, after they had made sure every dime had been extracted from any one who even remotely cared about us. Then if we didn't die in detention from sickness or violence, they would toss us out.

"Screw the Americans", well I say screw them.

They should have killed the pilgrims instead of feeding them.
I just watched a show how the Spanish managed to conquer the native population in South America. It was mostly due to certain tribes joining the Spaniards because they hated the dominant Incas.

The spanish were real bastards, they didn't rescind the inquisition until recently(historically speaking). look it up. 1492 - 1834

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top