JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lundy Khoy has lived in the us since she was one year old.When she was nineteen she was arrested on a drug charge.That was eleven years ago and since then she has led an exemplary life.Still however,the US is trying to deport her to Cambodia,a country she has never been to.If you are interested in stopping this buerocratic nightmare visit the link.
Petition | Tell ICE: Stop the deportation of legal resident Lundy Khoy! | Change.org

Is she a registered alien?
Is she a US citizen?
How did she get here?
How did she come to INS's current attention?
Is she married? to a US Citizen?
Has she been in jail/prison for the last 11 years?

by the way there is no link.

Is she a registered alien?
Is she a US citizen?
How did she get here?
How did she come to INS's current attention?
Is she married? to a US Citizen?
Has she been in jail/prison for the last 11 years?

by the way there is no link.

This. Need more data before supporting anything.

Exemplary and drug charge are a type mismatch. If someone gets caught on a drug charge, there are a bunch they didn't get caught on.

This. Need more data before supporting anything.

Exemplary and drug charge are a type mismatch. If someone gets caught on a drug charge, there are a bunch they didn't get caught on.

Poor choices in life... But it appears this exemplary person does not meet the criteria for Obama's new program...

Friggin' facepalm!!! I read that article and it starts with someone stating they were in possesion with the intent to sell. Meaning, not only mess up her own life, but assisting others in doing so too.

She made the wrong choice to "pay back money she took from her mom". Could be considered theft?

Lundy Khoy has lived in the us since she was one year old.When she was nineteen she was arrested on a drug charge.That was eleven years ago and since then she has led an exemplary life.Still however,the US is trying to deport her to Cambodia,a country she has never been to.If you are interested in stopping this buerocratic nightmare visit the link.
Petition | Tell ICE: Stop the deportation of legal resident Lundy Khoy! | Change.org

1. Why are you involved? Why does your screen name have the mark of the beast in it? 666 seems odd you supporting a drug dealer.
2. Khoy was not,and is not a US Citizen.
3. Khoy was selling drugs, got caught, tried, and convicted of a Felony.
4. Her parents failed to get her citizenship because they wanted her attached to her roots in Cambodia. I guess now she will get to know those roots better.
5. She is 31 years old now, why wasn't she trying to become a citizen?
6. She was sentenced to 5 years, she got out after 3 months so she already got a pass.
7. Cambodia doesn't want her, they say she was born in Thailand and never lived in Cambodia so she is not a Citizen of Cambodia.
8. It appears that she has no country of origin, perhaps Thailand could claim her, but wait most countries don't want convicted drug dealers.
9. She made choices, many of them prior to this failure, they are hers, she has to live with them.
10. How do you know what kind of life she has lived, and what difference does it make? Non citizen commits drug felony, gets caught, now claims to be a saint, wow.

Why is this on a Gun Forum?

My answer, pass.

Jim

This is the off topic section and from reading her story I though this was bs.I got hooked up to this through Reason Magazine,a very good Libertarian publication.I feel that we all make mistakes when we're young and she has paid for her mistake.Since then she has not been involved in any other trouble.My feeling is that these are the kind of people we want coming to this country.She has graduated from college and is gainfully employed.I wasn't aware that I was on a site mostly inhabited by saints,who had never done anything stupid in their youth.My mistake.

I doubt anyone here claimed to be a saint. While on occasion I do see some causes worth expending efforts on I don't see this as one of them. I figure I have enough on my plate without feeling the need to add a convicted drug dealer's problems to my things to worry about. Note - this is a far cry from my usual position where I would flat out say citizen or not drug dealers need to be removed from the U.S. population. A nice camp for them in Antarctica or on Johnston atoll might work well.

I'm not a fan of drug users or dealers. That said...

Apparently she did her time and paid her penance. That should mean once she's let out, she's square with society.

That said, she had plenty of time to ensure she wasn't deportable. She could have availed herself of any number of programs, up to and including naturalization. I know a lot of people that worked hard for a long time to become a citizen, or a permanent alien. You can't squander that.

Canada will probably take her though, and then getting back to the US is easy from there.

Swedish K,

I have to say I don't know where Johnston atop is.

But the Antarctic, just simply doesn't have the infrastructure for brewers, distillers, tobacco and pharmaceutical companies.

Plus, if all these drugs were made up there, think of how high the prices would be from shipping, not to mention a premium on labor for working in a remote area of the world.

Canada will probably take her though, and then getting back to the US is easy from there.

Don't think so, as a convicted felon and having already been deported, you won't score great points when applying. Could be possible though.

What annoys me (again) after reading the article is that the drug dealing intent is brushed off as a "minor offense".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top