JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm good, I just wish I could maintain my stock while shooting normally.

I replace what I shoot and right now that isn't possible unless I want to pay 60% more for every replacement round.

Hopefully it gets under control soon. I also suspect it'll be after the election, how much further after the election probably depends on who is elected.

Ugh! Made the rounds today I didn't feel like waiting in line at Sporting Systems so off to Limitless America where they have now sold out of 5.7x28. Onward to SafeFire no 5.7 but they do have lots of .300 Blackout. From SafeFire on to Sportsmen's Warehouse where I find 1 box of Federal 5.7 in the return shopping cart!
I may have found the last box of 5.7x28 in Vancouver.:D
At Big 5 in the same strip mall they had some ammo but most of the ammo shelves were loaded with BB guns.

I don't even bother looking at Cascade anymore That store is stripped and has been for weeks.:s0092:

My local pawnshop/FFL is still smoking some good stuff lol. They still have a box of x-tac green tips for.... get ready.... $24.99 aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

As Rick James once said, cocaine is a heck of a drug lol.

Yup. Never underestimate what some people will pay for things when they start to panic.

During the 2009 panic I put a new 5.45 AR upper on Gunbroker. I listed it at a starting bid (with no reserve) of $499. Exactly what I had paid for it.

It sold a week later for $1,300. :confused: I was initially afraid it may have been a shill bidder. Nope. Just a guy who REALLY wanted that 5.45 upper.

My local pawnshop/FFL is still smoking some good stuff lol. They still have a box of x-tac green tips for.... get ready.... $24.99 aaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaha.

I can see how that conversation will go:

Joe Clueless: "Do you have any 5.56? I can't find it anywhere!"

Pawn Employee: "Well, I do have one box of armor-piercing ammo left. That's some special stuff!"

JC: "Oh?? How much?"

PE: "I'm asking $40, which is a steal! But I'll tell you what. You look like a good guy. I really shouldn't do this, but I might be able to let it go for $24.99."

JC: "Wow, you can do that for me?"

PE: "I'd be delighted to do that to you...I mean, for you."

:D

Yeah, I'm not sure why ANYONE is surprised at the current shortages. If y'all have been gun owners for more than a hot minute, you should already know the rule:

ALWAYS assume that any and all guns/ammo will disappear tomorrow, and not be available for a long, long time afterwards. And stock up accordingly when times are good...like they have been for the past several years.

Between the virus, the economy, and an upcoming election, if you don't already have what you want or need...then you're way behind the 8-ball.

And I don't anticipate the current situation will get better anytime soon. As the election draws closer and it looks more and more like the GOP may face a brutal reckoning (the unfortunate price of engaging in the Faustian Bargain known as Trump), gun owners are only going to panic more and more. I anticipate that by late November, there will be almost NOTHING gun-related in the stores. It will all be sold out.

Thankfully I practice what I preach. I'm good. I'll just sit on the sidelines for the next several months and watch people panic and complain because they can't find a single box of ammo anywhere. I might even slightly lighten my own collection of guns and ammo if prices get stupid-high.
Sshhhhh!! Pretty soon everyone will do this and then where will we be?? Geeez...

I'm good, I just wish I could maintain my stock while shooting normally.

I replace what I shoot and right now that isn't possible unless I want to pay 60% more for every replacement round.

Hopefully it gets under control soon. I also suspect it'll be after the election, how much further after the election probably depends on who is elected.
If we get ammo excise taxes and background checks for ammo, many will wish they didn't wait for post election price drop.

If we get ammo excise taxes and background checks for ammo, many will wish they didn't wait for post election price drop.

Agreed. If that ammo background check infringement BS starts spreading to other states I think we'll see a massive run on reloading equipment. Components are already spotty.

I only roll my own pistol stuff, but don't pull the lever on rifle cartridges. If buying becomes much more prohibitive in either legislation or prices, I'll start going that route. I'm sure many others will do the same.

Agreed. If that ammo background check infringement BS starts spreading to other states I think we'll see a massive run on reloading equipment. Components are already spotty.

I only roll my own pistol stuff, but don't pull the lever on rifle cartridges. If buying becomes much more prohibitive in either legislation or prices, I'll start going that route. I'm sure many others will do the same.

Exactly what I id a couple of months ago when I built a .308 AR and the ammo started disappearing from shelves. Still haven't got set up for .223, though.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top