JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went to a local pawn shop for FFL purposes. While the buyer was waiting on his BGC to process (took 1.5 hours), I looked around and located some ammo for sale. I couldn't believe my eyes. I still think I could find a better deal online lol.
20200410_043638.jpg

3x+ over normal. I have no idea what it cost the shop to get but I'm glad there's no water shortage.

My lesson learned after the last ammo shortage was buy now. My lesson during this is, do it now. We got my wife a few firearms and she had a few times to practice. She got one carry permit. The other office is not processing them.

I keep at least 500 rnds. of each caliber on hand. As soon as I saw the sheep buying up all the TP, I contacted some friends to find out what they needed, then I added their order to mine and I probably spend $1200 on 9mm, .223, 7.62x39. I also picked up 26 AR-15 30 round mags. I still got a couple of thousand rounds coming in the mail (backordered).

I have to have enough to keep the group loaded up and topped off. I am not gonna assume everyone in my group has enough ammo and mags. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have..... or can't find lol.

I keep at least 500 rnds. of each caliber on hand. As soon as I saw the sheep buying up all the TP, I contacted some friends to find out what they needed, then I added their order to mine and I probably spend $1200 on 9mm, .223, 7.62x39. I also picked up 26 AR-15 30 round mags. I still got a couple of thousand rounds coming in the mail (backordered).

I have to have enough to keep the group loaded up and topped off. I am not gonna assume everyone in my group has enough ammo and mags. Better to have and not need, than to need and not have..... or can't find lol.
Dang that's only $1.25 around for PMC 5.56. Great deal:rolleyes:

I went to a local pawn shop for FFL purposes. While the buyer was waiting on his BGC to process (took 1.5 hours), I looked around and located some ammo for sale. I couldn't believe my eyes. I still think I could find a better deal online lol.
1586527228814.png

I think while I'm sheltering in place today I will get ALLL my ammo out. And I will build a little fort with the boxes on the floor and hide in it. Wifey will wonder where I am when she comes home from work! Wifey needs something to make her laugh after working these trying days at the grocery store!

I was at my LGS yesterday watching a guy sign for a big Glock and really had no idea which end the bullet came out of. Of course they didnt have any ammo to sell him which was probably a good thing.

Ammunitiontogo has some in stock atm, including 9mm and 5.56...probably not the absolute best prices ever, but if you're looking...

Boss

It's hard not to buy when I see it sometimes. Since I purchased 80% of it at a sales price, to purchase even at a slightly inflated price throws all my math off.

I'm far from a panic, especially since there's not many places to shoot near me now. Unlike golf course which are still active as of today at least.

Is the gate on Wolf Creek Rd closed?

View attachment 681737

I ordered 1000 rounds of the X-TAC 62gr green tip and costs $379.10. This was back in 2015 where under the Obama administration were going to ban steel core ammo.

Why Is The ATF Moving To Ban Common Rifle Ammo?

Last Edited:
Ammunitiontogo has some in stock atm, including 9mm and 5.56...probably not the absolute best prices ever, but if you're looking...

Boss

You can find the same 5.56 online cheaper than even ammunition to go.

It seems like 556 is sitting on the shelf ready to go at these inflated prices. $0.38-$0.40 per round for M193 clones.

I hope we see retailers start reducing prices in response to what seems like lower demand.

Then again I thought oil was supposed to be at it's lowest price ever and I'm still finding regular unleaded around here at just under $3/gallon.

Some sectors of the economy are making good money right now I guess.

This is why it's such a good idea to have a "diversified portfolio" in one's gun safe... ;)

Seeing Blazer Brass 9mm in stock for $309 + S&H & Tax for 1000 round case TYD.

Not the preferred ~$12/box, but if you can split with a buddy, and you actually want to get in a couple range trips...could be worse...when shops in my neck of the woods get ammo back in, it'll likely be at higher prices for awhile.

On the plus side, .22LR and .38 Super is in stock in town.

Boss

I haven't bought any ammo since January. The last shortage taught me that my 'enough' was good for a couple months, but not for a year or more. So I bought a cabinet for combustibles and slowly filled it over the last five years: .22lr to .308 to 12g.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads