JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
All anyone has to do if they want to see ammo prices drop (and they will), is don't buy it up and wait. If you look over and see someone selling it for more than you think is what you consider fair, simply don't buy it.

Sure, if you are out of ammo you blew it and didn't preplan, that's on you. However, the thing is to learn from your mistake and be ready next time this occurs (and it will).

Best to all:
The sheeple love to be herded.

Today I looked at Academy Sports.
They have more of the Browning 124 grn, 150 rnd boxes in stock. They bumped up the price a touch - from$25 to $27 per 150. They also are charging a flat shipping rate of $5 per order now.

With things as they are now, not a bad deal.
I bought a boat load of that stuff when Cabela's had a big sale but I only have one gun that likes it so never again will I waste my money. It does run great in my M&P9 though.

Today I looked at Academy Sports.
They have more of the Browning 124 grn, 150 rnd boxes in stock. They bumped up the price a touch - from$25 to $27 per 150. They also are charging a flat shipping rate of $5 per order now.

With things as they are now, not a bad deal.

Not a bad price, BUT Browning is made by Winchester and I wouldn't buy that stuff unless I was beyond desperate.

I told you all that .257 Roberts was the ultimate SHTF cartridge. EVERY box of ammo ever produced is there on a shelf someplace...
I love mine, just a super clean shot and perfect for deer. One cartridge I do not need anymore of. Walk out the back door, shoot and smoke. Only takes 1 and always zeroed. Grandpa's favorite for the property.

Not a bad price, BUT Browning is made by Winchester and I wouldn't buy that stuff unless I was beyond desperate.

I agree with you about winchester products being POS'.
I never buy winchester anything , having experienced their safe, WWB and their terrible steel case ammo. Winchester actually bought back all the steel case that I had, including what I had shot.

But, having shot over 1K rnds of the Browning 124 without issue, in 6 different guns ( 2 KImber Micro 9's, DW Valkyrie, HELLCAT, Std BM9 and ECHO EDITION BM9 BINARY) I'd say that this is different.

In fact, I just ordered another 600 rnds this mornin from Academy.
$119.44 with taxes & $5 flat rate shipping.
Thats $9.95 per 50. Pretty dang good.

I visited Tigard Bimart yesterday and handgun ammo and 223/5.56 was pretty much nil. This morning I bought some 6mm projectiles from another member in Newberg. I make a quick trip in to the Newberg BiMart while in town. The shelves there were even worse, see pic.

20200405_102527.jpg

I agree with you about winchester products being POS'.
I never buy winchester anything , having experienced their safe, WWB and their terrible steel case ammo. Winchester actually bought back all the steel case that I had, including what I had shot.

But, having shot over 1K rnds of the Browning 124 without issue, in 6 different guns ( 2 KImber Micro 9's, DW Valkyrie, HELLCAT, Std BM9 and ECHO EDITION BM9 BINARY) I'd say that this is different.

In fact, I just ordered another 600 rnds this mornin from Academy.
$119.44 with taxes & $5 flat rate shipping.
Thats $9.95 per 50. Pretty dang good.

Is it just Winchester WWB? I shot over 2000 rounds of Winchester NATO 124gr 9mm rounds with no problems. Also still have few boxes 50 rounds boxes of Ranger-T 147gr 9mm that I shoot a few magazines every so often.

Fairly decent ammo for the price. I have bought any Winchester lately except I split a 1000 rounds of NATO with my friend who goes to the range with me.

Is it just Winchester WWB? I shot over 2000 rounds of Winchester NATO 124gr 9mm rounds with no problems. Also still have few boxes 50 rounds boxes of Ranger-T 147gr 9mm that I shoot a few magazines every so often.

Fairly decent ammo for the price. I have bought any Winchester lately except I split a 1000 rounds of NATO with my friend who goes to the range with me.
I've never had trouble with Winchester ammo of any sort. White box, Ranger etc have all been reliable and accurate ammo for me.
Different strokes...

AND Vancouver Bi-Mart is stripped of just about all ammo except for 17 HMR and Shotgun ammo as in bird shot
They still have lots of both..At least 20 boxes each

Ive never had any problem with Winchester ammo either. I have noticed that people just like to complain because they saw someone else complaining. Seems to be a trend among humans.

I will say that I really appreciate AIM surplus. My LGS has crap 9mm plinking ammo at $500 a case. I get updates from AIM whenever they get anything new in stock. They just sent me an update about Norma 9mm for $230 a thousand which is the normal price on that brand. Bought some Gecco last week at $190 a thousand.

I have noticed that people just like to complain because they saw someone else complaining.

well, no, your wrong in my case. WWB and the steel case are both ammo that I've tried and had issues with in several different brands. That is 1st hand knowledge on my part. And thats all I'm doing is sharing my experiences. If it works for you, great.
But please don't infer that my opinion is based on others experience and not my own.

Tony, my only experience in Winchester ammo is WWB and the steel case. I have no experience or opinion on the Nato 124 or Ranger.
If a deal on those fell in my lap, I'd try them for sure. :)

Yeah, on cheap ammo I can actually get that is only ever going to be plinking or range ammo I don't really care all that much if it is 100% functional or not.

Ive never had any problem with Winchester ammo either. I have noticed that people just like to complain because they saw someone else complaining. Seems to be a trend among humans.

I will say that I really appreciate AIM surplus. My LGS has crap 9mm plinking ammo at $500 a case. I get updates from AIM whenever they get anything new in stock. They just sent me an update about Norma 9mm for $230 a thousand which is the normal price on that brand. Bought some Gecco last week at $190 a thousand.

Winchester ammo is in fact garbage. The only people who buy are those who don't actually shoot. From their WWB to their "precision ammo" its all pretty bad. unreliable, inaccurate and a terrible priming compound.

The 124 Nato is not as bad and the ranger is decent defensive ammo, if outdated.

WWB used to be a staple 20 years ago , when you could get a 100rnd box from Walmart for $8.88. Once the Obama panic hit and they raised prices, the quality went steady downhill form there.

Stick with Hornady and Federal for quality US made ammo. Gecco is great ammo as well.

Winchester ammo is in fact garbage. The only people who buy are those who don't actually shoot. From their WWB to their "precision ammo" its all pretty bad. unreliable, inaccurate and a terrible priming compound.

WWB used to be a staple 20 years ago , when you could get a 100rnd box from Walmart for $8.88. Once the Obama panic hit and they raised prices, the quality went steady downhill form there.

Stick with Hornady and Federal for quality US made ammo. Gecco is great ammo as well.
Where do you buy that good ammo? Talking this world not the old one.

Gotta put in the leg work. There are hundreds of gun retailers on the net all over the country. Use ammoseek and gunbot.

I'm getting adds in email everyday for ammo in stock. AIM, Targetsports, SG, ect.

The smaller lesser known outfits tend to be the ones who will have stuff in stock. The competitive and precision retails also have some in stock. I can still get black hills 5.56 from 52 to 77gr match ammo. Just have to know where to look.

And what difference does it make for range ammo? Talking 9mm here. Cheap high volume stuff. Cheap meaning under $200 a Thousand and in stock. I shoot WWB 124 all the time. I cant think of any time it hasnt gone bang in a myriad of 9mm guns I have. I cant get it anywhere now but when its available for cheap I buy it for pinking use.

Your assessment of the current ammo availability is flawed. It's take what you can get time.

Ever had a case head separation? Ever had a squib? Know what happens when your shooting a pistol rapid fire and there is a squib in there? Best case its dirty and unreliable. Worst you get an ER visit during a viral pandemic.

Now is not the time to be "plinking" Now is the time to save what you have to get you through to better times.

Anyone who didn't prepare during the last 5 years of cheap plentiful guns and ammo , especially after the runs in 08 and 12, really shouldn't be complaining.

PPPPPP

Its always the time to buy plinking ammo. If its available buy it and shoot it. I iave many thousands of reserve rounds I wont shoot but the under $200 a thousand stuff like the Russian crap or the gecco stuff or the WWB box not a problem. I'll buy all I can buy right now. Because I shoot a lot. Its always a good time to go shooting. My HK clones love that Russian crap and the 124 WWB gets digested wholesale in the stribog.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top