JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Didn't happen to me , happened to my uncle who is more like an adopted father. He was an FFL and had been so for 20 plus years, I cannot count the amount of firearms he has shot and handled. He ended up getting his class 3 and bought a uzi as his first full auto. While in the bed room, playing with it after his first trip to shoot it he managed to loose about 12 rounds through the bathroom wall absolutely destroying the toilet, sink and mirror, not to mention the wall. He wasn't happy, my aunt was ecstatic she got a new bathroom out of the deal. to this day we still joke when we go to his house. "Hey I have to use the bathroom, you aren't armed ...are you"???

Heard this debate so many times and it STILL does not make sense - A gun is ALWAYS loaded and it is up to the 'receiver' to check it. I Had a friend once hand me a loaded revolver and when he noticed the FIRST thing I did was to check it he said 'I know I can always trust you' - as he knew it was loaded and was watching very closely.
I have never accepted a firearm from anyone without checking it to see if it was clear. I trust me a hell of a lot more than I trust anyone else

You're on a gun board so it's assumed you own guns. If you have an FFL or a CHL your fingerprints are already on file. As long as you don't post something like "It's time to rise up and shoot (brown people,police,politicians,etc.)" I think you'll be safe.

Not going to like this, don't want to jump up to the top of the "Bearcat by my backdoor list!"

Brutus Out

When I was young I always hunted and shot with guns that I'd inherited. When I grew up a bit I decided I wanted to buy my own gun and a scope. Rem model 700 in 7mm. Some cheap tasko 3x9 scope. I put it on, bore sighted it with a nail on the wall in the shop and headed to the range with a buddy. I couldn't seem to get it to zero. Not surprising since I had the elevation on the left and windage straight up. Still haven't lived that one down.

Went out to shoot clays with an 870 express 12 with some friends, but what I learned that day is never shoot a pistol grip shotgun while aiming down the sights. The hit broke a tooth and split my lip something fierce but I was able to keep a hold of the gun, $700 mistake for the dental work. Now anytime I see a pistol grip 12 I'm reminded how NOT to fire one... :eek:
I had a couple buddy's do this same thing with a snake charmer. Cute little fella hit them both in the face, one right after the other. Good times.

When I was younger the rule in the house was NEVER bring a loaded gun inside. Well when I was about 11yo, after a day of shooting squeaks I didn't unload the .22 before putting it back in the safe. Knowing that my dad always checked when he got home after we'd been out. So in a panic I ran in to unload it before he checked. It was an old pump action with a hammer that you had to release every time to be able to pump it again. So instead of pulling the tube and just dumping the rounds out I would pump, release hammer and repeat. While doing so my thumb slipped off the hammer firing a round through the wall. Needless to say my bubblegum had a meeting with dad's belt that night and that was the last time I shot squeaks that summer. Positive outcome was my brothers never made the same mistake lol.

Alright, I'll start this off with my favorite. I decided to build an AR-15 a couple years into this gun-owning passion of mine I've only had for the last 10 years or so. I bought a Nikon M-223 1-4x scope to put on top.

I installed it perfectly and looked around my backyard with it. But when I dialed up the magnification everything got SMALLER! :eek: This junk must be broken and I called Nikon CS.

"Did you install it correctly?" Of course I did! What do you think, I'm an idiot? I look into the little end and the big end faces out, right?

"Uh, I'm sorry to say that you installed it backwards. Please let us know if you have any other problems." He said, without busting up. I guess I don't know everything...
View attachment 302848
Saw a guy skeet shooting and he had just reloaded and put the muzzle ON HIS FOOT with his finger on the trigger.

Went out to shoot clays with an 870 express 12 with some friends, but what I learned that day is never shoot a pistol grip shotgun while aiming down the sights. The hit broke a tooth and split my lip something fierce but I was able to keep a hold of the gun, $700 mistake for the dental work. Now anytime I see a pistol grip 12 I'm reminded how NOT to fire one... :eek:
I did the same thing..all I got was a bloody nose and a very sound heckling from the guys though.:confused:

When I was a kid I bought a 7mm mag Savage used and the guy I bought it from threw in a box of shells went out to sight it in it was shooting all over the placed then then the 4th round jammed in the barrel come to find out he gave me a box of 7mm express.
I now check all my ammo before I load my weapons.

Paying $600 for a garbage SKS in 2009 when (sadly) I became a victim of the hysteria buying and selling practices. I thought it was sa wheeeet, until I actually started doing my homework, then I felt like a total dingus!:confused: Ended up trading it for a nice litle Ruger 17HMR with a a bull barrel, case 3 mags and scope. Learned my lesson though!

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top