JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My first Noob mistake was Showing off my Dad's M-1 Garand to my buddy, I pretend load it with an empty clip, You know the rest, My first and only M-1 thumb, Blood every where! Second Noob was re assembling my take down Winchester 97 12 gau, I forgot to twist in the mag tube securing it and trying to figure out why it will not cycle! Duh!!! Getting hammer/slide bite from Dads 1930's 1911 because I kept choking up too high with my hand! Never had a ND, but came Oh so very close a few times! We had a Red Bucket next to the front door at the chow hall and every one had to check and clear there weapons before entering! I couldn't tell ya how many times we were sitting there and some dumbazz touches one off and all the noobs and officers hit the deck! Never laugh out loud when that happens, you end up cleaning things you never knew existed no matter how senior a noncom you are:oops:

Last Edited:
I took my elderly mom out to the forest with me when I had some shooting to do. She is a bit frail and was actually unable to pull the trigger of my wife's S&W 642 J-frame. So, a single-action 45 Kimber should be just the ticket, huh?

After she fires, she loses her balance, goes cattywampus onto the rocks, the Kimber goes flying, as do her glasses, which it takes 5 minutes to even find under my truck.

The primary mistake here was that I handed her the 1911 with a full mag!:eek: I still shudder as I see the scene in my head with her falling backward and the gun's muzzle sweeping me a couple times and herself a couple times before falling out of her hand to the gravel. How we both came out of my newb stupidity can only be attributed to the grace of God.

I was fixing the gutters on an old farm house for a 91 yr old lady, when she comes out of the house and asks me if I would dispose of a cigar box full of old vintage ammo because she didn't want her great grand kids to mess with them.
After looking at the old shells, I noticed one marked 44-40 and she told me that they probably went to that old rifle under her bed.
She told me that if I could reach it, I could have it.
I couldn't believe my luck when I dragged that beautiful mint Winchester lever action out from underneath that bed.
Come to find out it was also a take down model and after taking it out to the woods and shooting up all the vintage shells in the box, I went to GI Joe's to buy some more.
The guy behind the counter told me that you couldn't get that caliber anymore so I put it up for sale in the Nickle Ads.
I got a call two minutes after the paper hit the stands and the guy couldn't the money out of his pocket fast enough.

Last Edited:
Hahaha, nice;).

I still never believe anyone that says they run duckbills and they are 100% malfunction free...

I can neither confirm nor deny my participation in a bubbafication of an SKS using a Tapco stock and duckbill magazines. But if I ever had, it would have run 100% ;)

Hahaha, nice;).

I still never believe anyone that says they run duckbills and they are 100% malfunction free...

Joe, I run a duckbill magazine in my Chinese SKS!!! You'll note, a single mag! I found one that works perfectly, in my SKS, a battlefield bring home. The rifle lost all its blue long ago, but it never fails and neither does that old, no name, duckbill.
It's been on that rifle for nearly 30yrs, providing 37rnds of reliable fire power! I just leave it in place and feed her with stripper clips. :D

Joe, I run a duckbill magazine in my Chinese SKS!!! You'll note, a single mag! I found one that works perfectly, in my SKS, a battlefield bring home. The rifle lost all its blue long ago, but it never fails and neither does that old, no name, duckbill.
It's been on that rifle for nearly 30yrs, providing 37rnds of reliable fire power! I just leave it in place and feed her with stripper clips. :D

Ok, that I will believe;).

I meant the monkeys that switch between mags.

Sounds more like you have a 37 round fixed mag:D:cool:.

What the heck, I just realized I forgot something when I was going to go test fire this...
Yep that mb is all pinned and welded and fresh out of the park tank...

:(

image.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top