JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It'd be interesting to have observed them a little bit and see what their plan was.
Who among their colleagues and "neighbors" is wanting a rifle? A handgun make sense
for a homeless thug but a lever rifle?

Perhaps he had a connection to fence them but keeping all of them in his tent until then is just laughable.

SO they just stole them and hadn't turned them into meth and dope yet. I seriously doubt they were planning anything past the 25 bucks apiece they were hoping to get when they sold them to the next criminal.

Last Edited:
It'd be interesting to have observed them a little bit and see what their plan was.
Who among their colleagues and "neighbors" is wanting a rifle? A handgun make sense
for a homeless thug but a lever rifle?

Maybe the people who steal bicycles from Seattle to bring to Portland, and vice versa, take stolen guns in trade.

Perhaps he had a connection to fence them but keeping all of them in his tent until then is just laughable.

Who is going to go near their tent? I can barely stomach driving past that corner every day. The homeless leave their toilet buckets on the sidewalk.

Good work officers! Both were already felons, although they don't say why or what they did. Lets hope that they can keep them locked up long enough for them to straighten their lives out this go round. If they can't get straight, then they clearly need to stay locked up.

Last Edited:
The Felons were going to a FFL the following day to do the official exchange after their back ground checks were completed.
Yeah, no bazooka bubblegum. Proof that Phloyd, Ginny and Penny are, in the words of Dan Akroyd "ignorant slutz"

I found it interesting that all of the guns looked to be hunting rifles. In a tent you would think that would be hard to pick up and move vs stealing some handguns...

I found it interesting that all of the guns looked to be hunting rifles. In a tent you would think that would be hard to pick up and move vs stealing some handguns...

Maybe when you break into a house and all you find are hunting rifles that is what you steal. Its also possible that the handguns (if there were any) already sold or were traded. If someone managed to get to my guns they would look very much like that photo.

You're not taking into account these are just what was around when they decided to steal something. I'm sure if there was a choice they would have gone for a handgun, and they may very well have had some, but already sold them.

Most petty criminals, especially addicts, don't have a seriously thought out or meticulous plan. Generally they commit crimes of opportunity like if they see a car with something they think has value they could possibly get quick money or drugs in trade they'll pull a smash & grab.

Maybe when you break into a house and all you find are hunting rifles that is what you steal. Its also possible that the handguns (if there were any) already sold or were traded. If someone managed to get to my guns they would look very much like that photo.

Beat me to it, should have read all posts in the thread before "jumping the gun" (pun intended) :s0061::s0015:

There was a stolen handgun, it was found in the car. They just didn't show it in the picture.
Portland Police Bureau said:
Officers assigned to the Portland Police Bureau's Gun Task Force responded and wrote a search warrant for the contents of the tent. After serving the warrant, officers located five rifles inside that were reported stolen in a Clackamas County burglary. The stolen car, a 1996 Acura, was reported stolen in Vancouver, Washington. Inside the car, officers located a stolen handgun.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads