Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stolen Rifles Seized from Tent in Northwest Portland -- Two People Arrested (Photo)

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Joe Link, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

2. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Search warrant for the Tent LOL. The Tent is illegally pitched anyway! I'll never understand.
    The one guy fits the stereotype anyway, creepy.

edslhead and 41Slinger like this.
  3. nammac

nammac I-5 Corridor - West of Portland Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

If it was you or me, they'd just break the door down...

How the heck do you have an "arsenal" in a tent in the city??? How do you secure that????

4. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

It'd be interesting to have observed them a little bit and see what their plan was.
    Who among their colleagues and "neighbors" is wanting a rifle? A handgun make sense
    for a homeless thug but a lever rifle?

Perhaps he had a connection to fence them but keeping all of them in his tent until then is just laughable.

5. 41Slinger

41Slinger Harrisburg Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

The Felons were going to a FFL the following day to do the official exchange after their back ground checks were completed.

Brutus57, Hayshaker, jessieD and 4 others like this.
  6. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

SO they just stole them and hadn't turned them into meth and dope yet. I seriously doubt they were planning anything past the 25 bucks apiece they were hoping to get when they sold them to the next criminal.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
    Hayshaker and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  7. JAFO

JAFO OR, USA Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

Maybe the people who steal bicycles from Seattle to bring to Portland, and vice versa, take stolen guns in trade.

Who is going to go near their tent? I can barely stomach driving past that corner every day. The homeless leave their toilet buckets on the sidewalk.

OLDNEWBIE likes this.
  8. billcoe

billcoe PDX Platinum Supporter Platinum Supporter

Good work officers! Both were already felons, although they don't say why or what they did. Lets hope that they can keep them locked up long enough for them to straighten their lives out this go round. If they can't get straight, then they clearly need to stay locked up.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

People like that don't get straightened until they're six feet under. :rolleyes:

Dyjital likes this.
  10. RVTECH

RVTECH LaPine Well-Known Member

Heck they are ALREADY dead - they have just not been buried yet.....

Stomper, OLDNEWBIE and Joe13 like this.
  11. 308

308 ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ Platinum Supporter Silver Supporter

Yeah, no bazooka bubblegum. Proof that Phloyd, Ginny and Penny are, in the words of Dan Akroyd "ignorant slutz"

41Slinger likes this.
  12. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

I found it interesting that all of the guns looked to be hunting rifles. In a tent you would think that would be hard to pick up and move vs stealing some handguns...

13. v0lcom13sn0w

v0lcom13sn0w Keizer, or Well-Known Member

F'n tweekers

Stomper and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  14. therealhitman

therealhitman USA Well-Known Member

The 24 yr old is obviously trouble. Looks like Kylo Ren, only even crazier.

15. Mark W.

Mark W. Silverton, OR Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe when you break into a house and all you find are hunting rifles that is what you steal. Its also possible that the handguns (if there were any) already sold or were traded. If someone managed to get to my guns they would look very much like that photo.

Slobray, OLDNEWBIE and Joe13 like this.
  16. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Good points.

I hadn't considered the fact that they could have all come from a single break in.

17. dude23

dude23 PDX Active Member

You're not taking into account these are just what was around when they decided to steal something. I'm sure if there was a choice they would have gone for a handgun, and they may very well have had some, but already sold them.

Most petty criminals, especially addicts, don't have a seriously thought out or meticulous plan. Generally they commit crimes of opportunity like if they see a car with something they think has value they could possibly get quick money or drugs in trade they'll pull a smash & grab.

18. dude23

dude23 PDX Active Member

Beat me to it, should have read all posts in the thread before "jumping the gun" (pun intended) :s0061::s0015:

19. Slobray

Slobray Yelm, WA Well-Known Member

There was a stolen handgun, it was found in the car. They just didn't show it in the picture.
    Ray

Joe13 likes this.
  20. clearconscience

clearconscience Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

And that's portland's typical homeless population. Drug addict felons and child molesters.

They are the city's vermin. Time to exterminate the infestation.

41Slinger likes this.