Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stolen Rifle-Eugene area

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by kirkcdl, May 28, 2015.

1. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

2. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

That's an expensive rifle. $4,000? Is it yours?
    I was thinking good on KVAL for posting it as stolen! Then I started wondering how come all cars and other expensive stolen items aren't on the news everyday?
    Then I started thinking they must feel it's scary that this is out there and we need more laws against these rifles, who is allowed to have them and what kind of mandatory storage rules should be imposed.
    In other words we are being buttered up for the next gun Bill:mad:

upload_2015-5-28_21-9-21.png

3. kirkcdl

kirkcdl Roseburg,ORYGUN Member

No,it's not mine,but I think KVAL is doing a good thing,try not to overthink it...It's probably a better bet that it was owned by either a member of KVAL management,or a Eugene PD officer...You know access is everything these days...

BoonDocks36 and OLDNEWBIE like this.
  4. tiggers97

tiggers97 United States Well-Known Member

In car terms, i think it would be like someone stealling a $80,000 tesla. Or something else exotic.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  5. Silver Hand

Silver Hand Southern Oregon Coast Well-Known Member

Don't worry! The thief has to register the rifle just as though it was purchased new from a dealer.

Whom ever owns this firearm has nothing to worry about all felons register there stolen guns.

This needs to be moved to Someplace?
    Silver Hand

6. thirtycal

thirtycal Camas, WA Active Member

Practically guaranteed to be owned by an agency or LEO who left it on top of his patrol car and then drove off. We're obviously not getting the whole story here, but the likelihood that this is just some random stolen firearm is very low.

That's not even the actual firearm. That photo was 'borrowed' from this link:

http://lutzmoeller.net/Waffen/Sako/Sako-TRG-42.php

This has the stink of a 'cop drop' all over it, just like this one in Salem:

http://www.wmur.com/news/salem-police-search-for-patrol-rifle-that-fell-off-cruiser/30573604

-Thirtycal

Last edited: May 29, 2015
    chemist likes this.
  7. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

Oh c'mon! I leave my RPG's, and Ma Dueces laying around ALL the time. Kinda like looking for your reading glasses for 20 mintutes only to find them on top of my head. :rolleyes:

BoonDocks36 likes this.