JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Random off-topic post: I just read that the Coast Guard requirements for enlistment are now a 45 AFQT. :eek: It used to be only the top percentile on the Naval Battery when I enlisted in 1974. This is disappointing for my Alma Mater.:mad:

That is surprising . They were always the toughest service to get into. 90 or so AFQT if I remember right. 45 is a joke although a friends son got a 20 ( maybe 'cause he's stupid? ). My son just did his ASVAB and got a 97 or 98 AFQT. I know he wants to go in the Air Force but they seem to have something like a 2 year wait these days to get in. Ive suggested the Navy and Coast Guard too.

Wow! This thread has been a wake up call. Over the years I've met in some isolated places a time or two for a transaction. No reason to anymore since we now need an FFL but still... I was lucky.

OP, glad you're okay.

My experience in the Army taught me the Army will take anyone with an IQ over 90 that can barely pass a piss test .

I think the 13 Bang Bang's in the firing battery all put together would Maybe add up to a 90 IQ.
And I mean the crews from all 6 gun's !!!
Man those guy's were dumb.

13F2P

F-inest
I-nfantry
S-oldier
T-o date

:)

I think the 13 Bang Bang's in the firing battery all put together would Maybe add up to a 90 IQ.
And I mean the crews from all 6 gun's !!!
Man those guy's were dumb.

13F2P

F-inest
I-nfantry
S-oldier
T-o date

:)

Careful man there are a lot that don't have a low IQ and I'm guessing some on this forum. I was a Bravo and proud of it. ;)

Even before the ffl changes I would only meet gun buyers at buisy parking lots with camera's. I usually had a 1911 on my side concealed for just in case and my faithful companion Sam, my dog. I have sold many motorcycles, vehicles, boats and guy stuff on Craigslist where they come to your house. They see my steel targets, meet my dog and I'm carrying consealed for just in case. If the lady is home she is armed and ready as well. You hear of this stuff too often.

Glad you're ok and really sucks you lost your gun. Scumbags like this drive me to practice and to try to be prepared.

***************SKRUEGER **************

Ha-Ha ,You must have been the smoke if you wernt a retard.

BTW: We won best FIST, FB + FDC for 5 straight year's(94-98) when I was in The 82nd.
Those guy's were still Retard's we just had the Best retard's available at the time. :)

Glad your okay man, nothing more important.

Thanks for posting this, what a good lesson to learn. Never get complacent. Never drop your guard.
Meet in public places better at an FFL.

That's what scares me about so many new people floating in the classifieds here.

Even before the ffl changes I would only meet gun buyers at buisy parking lots with camera's. I usually had a 1911 on my side concealed for just in case and my faithful companion Sam, my dog. I have sold many motorcycles, vehicles, boats and guy stuff on Craigslist where they come to your house. They see my steel targets, meet my dog and I'm carrying consealed for just in case. If the lady is home she is armed and ready as well. You hear of this stuff too often.

Glad you're ok and really sucks you lost your gun. Scumbags like this drive me to practice and to try to be prepared.

About my same process, only once I had to meet at empty parking lot mid day on a Sunday we both were traveling about 80 miles to meet so was a midway point. I brought my Son who CC and myself who CC, and my Rotty, nice guy all went well but every sale is done ( was done hehe) in public view of a camera normally that one made me cautious because no cameras or people. Got a nice SKS though :). I have set key places I meet unless they are friends. Craigs is the worst and AL because its so easy to lie especially craigs unlike AL where you can see how long a person has had a AL account in CL you cant tell sheets about the person.
So when I sell at my house rarely, I meet at a local place and they can follow a block or two to my house after they pass the smell test. Had a few back out and that was my safety net for my home.

So when I sell at my house rarely, I meet at a local place and they can follow a block or two to my house after they pass the smell test. Had a few back out and that was my safety net for my home.

I need to sell a bunch of stuff that isn't easy to move. Have used Craigslist before, but I've gotten paranoid about people coming to the house. This plan might work. I'll think on it.

I need to sell a bunch of stuff that isn't easy to move. Have used Craigslist before, but I've gotten paranoid about people coming to the house. This plan might work. I'll think on it.

That's what I do - my rule is that I don't bring anyone to my home that I don't know personally. If I sell on CL, AL or more recently, I've been using the "letgo" app (for non-firearm items). I always arrange to meet in a public place with plenty of witnesses around, and only during the light of day. That has served me well so far, not a single issue to date, other than a few no-shows/flakes.

Don't know how many folks in your area might be on letgo, but you might try it in addition to CL - broaden your audience a bit. I've done half a dozen sales on letgo so far, seems to work well.

totes. It helps with negotiations too.

Customer: "Hey, so would you take $40 for this since I had to drive an hour through traffic and got lost trying to find your house way out in the sticks?"

Me: "BI*CH, WHATCHU SAY!?"

Customer: "$50 is fine, here you go."

When selling on CL it's the people who come to my house who get nervous.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top