Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Stolen Package...

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by stonedkirby, Jul 10, 2010.

1. stonedkirby

stonedkirby WA (Clark/Cowlitz) Member

I recently ordered some mags from cheaperthendirt.com for my marlin 795, and the address it sent it to was my billing address which we left a few months ago with someone we were letting stay with us for cheap. not really a friend, shes a whore but we needed the extra help. anywho, she said she would hold the package for me while i was out of town and i could pick it up when i got back the next week after i realized the package was being shipped to her.
    So i find out right before i came home from my trip that she said she sent my package back. I asked her via text and she said yup, she sent it back. And that she didnt owe me any favors. Thing is, it was sent fedex, no sig required and dropped at the door. Fedex says she didnt return it, she would have to go to the nearest fed ex location to return it. So basically i think shes lying and just left it outside, someone came by and stole it, or she discarded or kept it. what would you guys recommend i do? If she went back on her word, would that stand up in civil court against her character enough to make the judge see that she should pay me to replace the package? Im so pissed about this but i dont know what to do. thanks for any insight

2. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

What is the dollar value amount?

3. eriknemily

eriknemily Tillamook County (Cheese!) Member

I'm afraid you're SOL. In court it would only be a 'he said, she said' argument that would amount to nothing.

4. waltermitty

waltermitty seattle Active Member

concur with erik.

5. FarmerTed1971

FarmerTed1971 Portland, Oregon, United States Well-Known Member

Sucks. Next time use the correct address.

6. Brodyboy

Brodyboy NE PDX Member

Call cheaperthandirt and inform them that they may have a package being sent back to them. If in fact they do receive it have them send it back to you at your correct address. They can make notes in your order/account with them. Otherwise, forget about it.

7. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I worked with a man who was getting a divorce and asked his girl friend to hold $10,000 in cash for him till the divorce was final.:bluelaugh::bluelaugh::bluelaugh: Looks like he made the mistake of trusting people too, cost him $10,000 to get a lesson. Your lesson came cheap:D

jj

8. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss man, but won't be worth going to court for that amount of $$$.

9. pdx lefty

pdx lefty portland Active Member

E&E is right. You would just be wasting your time and money. Not sure what the mags cost but now you know where this woman stands. If she cant be trusted to handle something that small I would be looking for a reason to evict. just my $.02.

Lefty.

10. stonedkirby

stonedkirby WA (Clark/Cowlitz) Member

value is about 60 bucks. and the package isnt going back to the company for sure. fedex doesnt know where it is now, it wasnt returned despite what she said. maybe i just have to bite the bullet on this.

11. Trlsmn

Small claims will be $200 in fees so there's not much that can be done. You can call the police.

12. best defense

best defense Beaverton, OR Active Member

Looks as if you learned who not to trust one more time. If she was living in my house, I would evict her in a New York minute.

13. pogi

pogi Gresham, OR Active Member

Kick her sorry a$$ out of that dwelling if you still own it. No reason to "help" a lowlife like that. Let the liberals take care of her.

14. Trlsmn

15. pdxjohann

pdxjohann Portland near Tigard Member

Sorry for your loss, man. Please post her real name all over the internet for future googling. Her future boyfriends, bosses, and room mates will thank you for it.