JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We just got word of another large theft of guns over on Whidby. Alot of very fine and rare ones. Dont know how they were removed or any circumstances, but it is going to take a very specialized collector to buy them. I wish the newspapers would print stolen guns and serial numbers so everyone could see them. A blog at the very least.

How much Safe is enough? I like the upper level Liberty and Cannon's as a minimum. I'm talking the upper $2000-$3000 range. I wont tell you what I have now.
There are so many POS so called safe's out there. Bi-Mart and others call a lock box a safe. Still if you don't have a lot of money these are tempting. Some people make the mistake of becoming safe stagnent. My safe quality grew with the value of my collection. This extra security helps. But I know that any safe can be broken into.
At least people hearing about my guns being stolen won't get mad at me for not having a good safe. The theif is the bad guy! However, fellow gun owners will allways give hell to the owner that makes it too easy for his guns to be taken. So maybe I should ask. How much safe is enough- to be forgiven for having your guns stolen?

What's the UL rating on the safe? The RSC rated "safes" will only resist entry for 5 minutes. Most of the cheap models out there are either RSC or lower. They aren't really safes - more like fancy metal cabinets.

If you watch this video you can see how a cheap safe can be opened with pry bars in less than two minutes, without the noise of power tools.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhOjWHbD6M

You really need a TL15 or 30 safe to slow down a professional with tools. I have a TL15 rated Amsec bolted to the floor and wall, plus a security system which means you don't have 15 mins to work on it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top