Stolen Guns

Reactions
Two pistols stolen out of my vehicle tonight. 1. Glock gen 3 19 on P-80 frame. 3 magazines, double mag pouch, 2 custom holsters OWB.
2. Glock gen 4 43 factory pistol. 2 magazines in a “sticky” holster.
Both in a green Vertex commuter pack.
Also in bag, tourniquet, two Benchmade knives- Bugout and don’t remember the other model. Streamlight flashlight a ProTac model multiple holsters as well as other items.
Stolen from Oregon City Bi-Mart parking lot tonight, Saturday the 16th.
Complacency, had the bag covered with my pillow, eating dinner with the family at a nearby restaurant. No signs of forced entry. Officer suggested a “bump key” was probably used.

Last edited:
Reactions
Lost today (3/29/19) at around 4:00PM, in the parking lot of the triangle pit in Capitol Forest:

Polymer80 PF940V2 frame, factory Glock slide (serial# REV409), 9mm PMAG

The pistol was in a locked hard case that was left on the bumper of a vehicle. The number 607 is visible by the key hole on the case.

Red98422

Reactions
Muzzle loader pistol .45 cal (ish)

Identifying marks are a lengthwise crack running down the fore end from the ramrod opening. Should be missing the screw below the primer nipple.

Was stolen with a homemade display box.

Box was a stained wood with a brass hinged opening the lid has decorative routing inside and out, being a frame for glass that was never installed.

Pistol was resting inside on two brass coat hooks with a grey squirrel pelt as the backing.

Not worth much to most people, but it does have sentimental value to me.

Picture attached is a similar pistol

1579985480947.jpeg

Reactions
Has your gun been stolen? Here is a place to post it. Please keep this thread "chatter" free and just post the details of the items.

If you wish to "chat" more about it make a thread in the <broken link removed> and post a link to the thread in your "Stolen Gun" post

Information to include.

Date of theft<----List this first on it's own separate line

Approx location of theft

Full description of stolen items

Pictures if available

Serial numbers if you are comfortable with posting them

Any contact info you wish to give out

Any other suggestions for a format for this thread are appreciated, PM or post them here and they will be included in this post.
Is there a way to run a serial number to find out if a gun you are about to buy is reported stolen?

coltemp

Reactions
In Oregon that is done when you do the FFL transfer - the state checks to see if the gun has been reported as stolen before they approve the transfer. I think there is (or was) a separate number to call.
You can also check HotGunz the database there is not complete as only firearms that were register there are shown.

....Go to a website such as StolenWeapon, HotGunz or FirearmzFax. The first two are databases of user-submitted serial numbers for weapons; the last is for the serial numbers of stolen weapons only. Figure out which database seems more reliable, suitable and easy for you to use.

Reactions
In Oregon that is done when you do the FFL transfer - the state checks to see if the gun has been reported as stolen before they approve the transfer. I think there is (or was) a separate number to call.
That is correct. When the transfer is done the serial number will be checked against the national database to see if it is stolen. If it is, the local PD will then be contacted to confiscate the firearm. Ask me how I know.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Pistol
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun Rifle
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Good Friday!
    Had a great first time visit that included a transfer, a special order, and some trading. Can't wait to come back! Also I realized after I got...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Upstanding Vendor!
    Have worked with this business twice and both times were outstanding! Will definitely keep going to him when I'm up in that area! Shoot, will...
  • Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Hellcat OSP
    I almost put "Limited "Covid induced" inventory" as a Con, but thought that wouldn't really be fair to them! The aftermath of Covid has depleted...
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    I have done a lot of deals here
    Gary's easy to work with when in town.
  • Vancouver Weapon Werx
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Business!
    I have been going to Vancouver Weapon Werx for years and know both owners quite well. The only downfall is I go there to purchase or have a gun...
Top Bottom