JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well....DUH!

Police reports show how Evergreen State gun control backers get it wrong

Following the assassination of Julius Caesar on this date in 44 B.C., the people of Rome didn't ban knives, but today's anti-gunners push legislation like Initiative 594, requiring so-called "universal background checks," arguing that it will prevent criminals and crazy people from getting guns, when a report yesterday on KOMO underscored why that's wishful thinking at best.

<broken link removed>

Well....DUH!

Police reports show how Evergreen State gun control backers get it wrong

Following the assassination of Julius Caesar on this date in 44 B.C., the people of Rome didn't ban knives, but today's anti-gunners push legislation like Initiative 594, requiring so-called "universal background checks," arguing that it will prevent criminals and crazy people from getting guns, when a report yesterday on KOMO underscored why that's wishful thinking at best.

<broken link removed>
good article (small typo, I believe "heart" should be "heard")

They should make it a law that when you steal a gun, you need to get a background check before you remove it from the victims premises...

Then they'll just push for mandatory lock up/safe laws..

I would if I had kids, and I lock things up when I leave for the day.. But if a criminal wants something, they'll almost always find a way to get it.

Great article Dave and the comments from the I-594 "designated responder" are very interesting.

I guess restricting every law abiding citizen with no appreciable positive outcome is all I-594 was trying to accomplish since even it's most strident supporters agree it wasn't intended to stop criminals.

Perhaps it's time we require that all new laws must pass the Hippocratic Oath: First, do no harm.

Great article Dave and the comments from the I-594 "designated responder" are very interesting.

I guess restricting every law abiding citizen with no appreciable positive outcome is all I-594 was trying to accomplish since even it's most strident supporters agree it wasn't intended to stop criminals.

Perhaps it's time we require that all new laws must pass the Hippocratic Oath: First, do no harm.

I haven't seen any "strident supporter" of I-594 agree that it wasn't intended to stop criminals. I've heard their rhetoric about keeping guns out of the wrong hands.
It's all bushwa, of course, but it lets them dance around the fact that they've bought an election that passed an unenforceable, and perhaps unconstitutional piece of legislation.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top