JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Heavy, but balanced. Nice stock without that hollow sound when firing. I normally stuff them with a couple lint-free clean rags to absorb that, but I won't need to with this one.

Long, but thin gun. Doesn't mean anything, but it's different than what I'm used to.

So far, fine accuracy. The sights hold true. REALLY clean shot cycle. Smooth backward motion, no sharp hit to any body parts, butt-pad does a fine job, very little felt recoil.

Quiet, but, of course, not "silent". Even forgoing the mechanics of the gun, the shot is just slightly lower than the audio report of my other two .177 break-barrels of similar class.

I DO enjoy the yellow vs red front-sight, but that's just me.

I'm trying to come up with a complaint, but none yet. Time will tell, so I must remember to curb my enthusiasm. :)

Today with a scope. Trigger is metal. Stiff, but crisp for an airgun. Consistent.

I am still enjoying how little "kick" it has. It's a smooth-even shooter.

stoegers4000e_withscopedec2020c.jpg

I just came in from testing the audio reports of the Stoeger vs the Daisy 599 PCP. Both .177, the Daisy topping off 500fps.

The S4000E is on average 10db quieter. At about twice the speed.

stoegers4000e_tabletop001.jpg

How would you compare this vs the gamo series of the same price, like the wildcat whisper?

As close as I have is the Gamo Whisper Silent Cat. Both in the same price-range (about $150 new). .177 break-barrels.

Although the Stoeger looks sweet, the Gamo out-shoots it more consistently.
Or I do, but either way, the Stoeger is up for sale in the airgun classified. The Gamo is still on the wall, a "keeper" for now. :s0035:

f

The Stoeger seems to be excellent at 20-yards, but when I pushed it out further, I couldn't get the same consistency.

Again, might be the shooter, not the gun, but here's how well it did at 20-yards benchrest:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top