JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was at Sportsman Warehouse a few days ago and looked at a Stoeger 40 S&W pistol and it was $399, which I though was a very good deal for the quality of the pistol, but I'm always leary of the low priced items. Anyone have an experience, good or bad, with the Stoeger brand, and specifically the Stoeger Cougar?

My buddy has a Stoeger Cougar in 9. I can confirm the positives you've probably already read on the interwebs. Comfy, reliable, and accurate enough for my poor marksmanship.

My son has the 8045F he really likes it. It is actually a Beretta Cougar But made by Turkish workers on the same machines and paterns as the Beretta but without the over priced Italian labor.

Fit and finish on the models we have handled has been very good.

Thanks guy. I understand Beretta sold the machining and rights for the Cougar to Stoeger. The model I held was made in Turkey and looked and felt just as good as the Berettas I handled. Seems like a good pistol, but this would a primary home defense weapon so I want to make sure it is up to the job.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top